View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #1
drudis

Default Darius' dyno numbers

FINALLY, took my Mustang to the dyno monday to get it tuned. This past winter (ok, ALL summer) I installed a new Ed Curtis custom cam and TFS-TrackHeat intake.

Greg Banish at Livernois (DetroitSpeedworks) did the tuning. We did a few pulls, and slowly went after a safe fuel curve, and timing was limited to a safe tune also. After a few light pulls, we went for a full pull. The good news is that the motor makes TONS of power!!! On the Mustang Dyno (load dyno) it was pushing 479rwhp @6100rpm and _still_ climbing, when we shut it off. [The Mustang Dyno simulates load, like wind speed and vehicle weight in a quarter mile. While the Dynojet, does not apply a simulated load, and thus is about 10% higher numbers]. On a Dynojet that would equate to 525rwhp!!!! YIKES!

The reason we shut it down, was that it ran out of fuel. The 42# injectors, with intank 255 and T-rex 255 inline fuel pumps, and SN95 bigger fuel rails couldnt keep up with demand. We tried adding more injector pulse width, but they were already 100% duty. It went from a steady 11.4:1 A/F ratio, when at 5500rpm it started going leaner _quickly_ to nearly 13.0+:1 A/F ratio @ 6100 rpm (where we shut it down). The torque already plateaued, but the hp was still climbing.

Right now, I am looking to put a LARGER (yeah, slow down and underdrive) the blower with a 7# pulley (like a 3.6" ?) which is down from 8# pulley (3.33") that came stock with the S-trim. Hopefully knock off some 30rwhp, and get it to crack right at 500rwhp. [Remember, this is a stock shortblock with 36K miles]. Also plan on adding more initial fuel pressure to simulate larger injectors (not have to buy new 50# injectors). Between these two changes, that should allow me to run it to 6000rpm (self imposed redline), and free up some fuel necessity on top end.

First time in my life, I ever wanted to "get rid" of the already toooo much horsepower.

Here is the dyno sheet:

Here is the 8M video:
http://www.dariusrudis.com/videos/Mustang_Dyno_clip.wmv
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote