MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Default Dry vs wet nitrous

Hi
I was wondering which is better for the 5.0 wet or dry nitrous Also what must be done to run dry nitrous
289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
GhOsT6_9
Registered Member

Which is better is up to the person using it.

To run a "dry" setup, you put the nitrous nozzle into the intake pipe infront of the TB. Then tap into the fuel return line with the provided parts. Hook up your solenoids, hoses and electrical. Thats 'bout it.

If you didn't know how the "dry" kit works, it simply injects only nitrous into the intake track, then using the connetion to the fuel return line causes the fuel pressure to raise to add the extra fuel needed.

For the "wet" kit, it injects both fuel and nitrous into the intake track using a single nozzle (or multiple nozzles in some cases).

The "dry" setup is definitely the the safer way to go, since you don't have to worry about fuel puddling inside your upper intake manifold, a common problem with "wet" systems. The puddling can/will cause the dreaded nitrous backfires/explosions.

IMO go with the "dry" setup, should be what you're looking for. Just make sure to start off with a small shot and work you way up to a larger shot, and check your plugs often (or after every run is best)
5.0L, T-5, 1969 351W heads, cut & welded stock plenum, F-303 cam, Mac 1 5/8 full length headers, Cat'd H-pipe, 3.73 gears, Underdrives, SSM lift bars, E-Fan, 3G Alt, Custom Chip, Autometer gauges, Weld Draglite wheels , M/T ET Street Radials

Best 1/4: 13.33@101.53MPH
GhOsT6_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 05:58 PM   #3
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Look into the wet kits that have the plate that fits between the lower and upper intake. No puddling to worry about, the hit will be quicker and harder than with a dry kit.

Run colder plugs and back down on your timing, other than that, a better fuel pump is all you'll need.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:20 AM   #4
speedytang
Registered Member

I used a WET kit that uses the nozzle in front of the throttle body(Computech) and never had a problem and as long as you don't hold the button early you should have enough air volumn to keep it from puddling. They recommend 3000 rpm which is a good estimate. I have driven cars with Dry and Wet and I really could feel the Wet hit much harder and it showed in the ET's from the 60' and 330' times.
speedytang is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: