MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-19-2003, 08:53 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default hey simi!

you think i could throw the fogger for the bigger shot of nitrous on my car with the mods i have? I heard that i could with no troubles at all! I wanted you "expert" opinion first though

thanks,

I was thinking of the 125 shot. i have the 75 shot on ein there now! MAn, this stuff is addicting
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Simi Stang

Default nitrous

I don't know if I'm a total "expert" when it comes to nitrous. But I have been tinkering with the NOS 5115 dry nitrous kit for many years now. So I do have that application down. Why would you want to switch to a fogger system? I'm sure they perform great, but I have no experience with them. Are you referring to the fogger that is still a dry system that plumbs into a plenum spacer and has the one fogger for each port? Other foggers that plumb into the lower intake, if I remember correctly...were wet nitrous systems?? I don't have much experience with wet systems, but I'm sure it is all relative. What kit inparticular are you looking at? If I were you I would get the 125 or 150hp shot jets and see if it will work with the intank pump that you currently have. It's not like you will damage anything if the pressure is not adequate than the Hobbs switch will shut off the flow of nitrous into the motor and save your powerplant. If it ends up that your 255lph intank pump doesn't flow enough volume than get a T-Rex or similare flowing inline pump and you'll be all set. I'd say go for it. Nitrous can be addicting, huh?! Let me know what you end up doing. And have fun!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

hey simi, i actually meant the 125 HP little gold piece (jet as you said) that goes in the tube that leads into the TB! I actually have the 155 pump, so maybe i will try it with that. That's right, the hobbs switch wont let it work if it is too little fuel, so i wont have to worry about that! i am going to give it a shot Now, if i can only find the little jet. Actually, does it come with the kit? cause i have another jet that came with the kit! Is that it?

thanks simi for answering all my questions about nitrous!
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM   #4
Simi Stang

Default nitrous jets

Yeah, that is not a fogger system. That is just the stock 5115 kit like I have. For some reason I thought you had a 255lph fuel pump in your tank ...must have been another guy I was talking to last week. Well, I have the same one as you, a 155lph in the tank...and when I tried to step it up to a 150 shot...it wouldn't work. According to the NOS tech guys that pump wasn't pushing enough fuel volume. That's why I had to go with an additional inliine pump (MSD 200gph) in order for the system to work properly with the bigger jets in there. You probably already have the correct jets for the 125 or 150 shot...not sure which ones it comes with actually. It's been a few years and I bought it used. But you can call NOS tech. and read them the numbers on the jets and they'll tell you which one goes in the vacuum T at the firewall and which one goes in the throttle body nozzle for each application. I guess you can give it a try with just your 155lph pump...but I'm thinking the Hobbs switch will shut you down. Good luck, and let me know what happens.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: