Thread: hey simi!
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 02:19 PM   #2
Simi Stang

Default nitrous

I don't know if I'm a total "expert" when it comes to nitrous. But I have been tinkering with the NOS 5115 dry nitrous kit for many years now. So I do have that application down. Why would you want to switch to a fogger system? I'm sure they perform great, but I have no experience with them. Are you referring to the fogger that is still a dry system that plumbs into a plenum spacer and has the one fogger for each port? Other foggers that plumb into the lower intake, if I remember correctly...were wet nitrous systems?? I don't have much experience with wet systems, but I'm sure it is all relative. What kit inparticular are you looking at? If I were you I would get the 125 or 150hp shot jets and see if it will work with the intank pump that you currently have. It's not like you will damage anything if the pressure is not adequate than the Hobbs switch will shut off the flow of nitrous into the motor and save your powerplant. If it ends up that your 255lph intank pump doesn't flow enough volume than get a T-Rex or similare flowing inline pump and you'll be all set. I'd say go for it. Nitrous can be addicting, huh?! Let me know what you end up doing. And have fun!