MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-07-2003, 02:25 AM   #1
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Default Hmmm!

I ran my 1987 5.0 Notchback at the track this night and ran a 9.8 with a reaction time of .640!! I was pretty happy on that after I bet a 01 Mustang GT doing it. Then some guy before offered me to trade my car for his 1966 Mustang Coupe (which I've yet to see). It has a 302 with edlebrock carb, auto, new paint (the blue on the new focus), but a busted tranny. It's the second one hes gone through due to problems but my engine has bad rings (could be head valves too). Anyhow do you guys think I'd get my part of the bargain out of this? Both of our cars have small problems like mine has been wrecked and fixed, so has his, bondo and all. What do you guys think? After my run I've gotten really attached to my 5.0 and I'm not sure how much work I'd wanna do to the classic coupe.
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:26 PM   #2
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I'd pass on that one.

You sound like you are to the point where you know the history and ins and outs of your car. Becoming comfortable with all the little things that are wrong with your car but still loving it really makes it yours.

I wouldn't want to trade for another and go through that process again unless I was certain it was a good deal. Discovering more wrong with the older stang than what was originally told you to you would be frustrating too. I say stick with your current ride!

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Good advice man, thanks Yeah I'd have to read up a lot on it before I could trade too, with school and such I'll need this one.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:20 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hethj7
I'd pass on that one.

You sound like you are to the point where you know the history and ins and outs of your car. Becoming comfortable with all the little things that are wrong with your car but still loving it really makes it yours.

I wouldn't want to trade for another and go through that process again unless I was certain it was a good deal. Discovering more wrong with the older stang than what was originally told you to you would be frustrating too. I say stick with your current ride!
EXACTLY.

Plus, your car has all the newer amenities. I don't think you'd be happy going with an older interior and car. Furthermore, I'm sure his has a lot more rust on his than on yours...
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:24 PM   #5
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Thanks for the good advice guys I already have a 1965 coupe body with the straight 6 engine my garage. I think I'll put that together as a side project car and pass up on the guys 1966. I might check the 66' out for the heck of it.