MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default Lordy< Lordy!

i called the NOS tech line and he was basically a dick to me. Very short and no personality. Anyways, I have the 047 jet in my 05115 kit now that the book says it is for the 80 HP increase. The guy on the tech line says that one is for the 100 HP increase!! I have another jet that says 012 on it, but it actually lookes smaller than the 047 jet. Does anyone know what number i need to increase the HP to 125?? I can order it from a shop here. maybe a 051 or something?? ANyone know for sure? THanks,

Jim
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:14 PM   #2
Simi Stang

Default jetting

That sucks that the NOS tech. guy was rude. You should have called back and hoped, or asked...to talk to someone else. I've talked to some very knowledgeable & helpful people at NOS. I have some nitrous jetting info. for you...but unfortunately I left it at home. I'm at work right now. But I still don't know the specific #s for the 125 shot, sorry. The only #s I remember off of the top of my head are for the 175 shot...73 (nozzle) and 38 (vacuum T). Which, according to NOS tech, is the highest hp shot you can run on our 5115 dry kit. I'm not sure about the 125...but the 150 shot jets were 60 something (nozzle) & 40 something (vacuum T). So the 125...my guestimation would be 50 something at the nozzle and...I really have no clue for the T. Actually maybe you should just try calling NOS tech again. They should be able to give you the jetting #s no problem. Because the jetting #s I have at home that I can't remember...are for the 150 shot I believe. Sorry I was of no help really. Did the NOS tech guy mention anything about the shim (part#17933-S) that goes in the nitrous regulator that is supposed to be used in our kit for any nitrous shot over 100hp? It's been years since I've had my system apart (maybe it's time to give it a once over...) but I'm almost positive I have the shim in there... It's supposed to put more pressure on the spring in the nitrous regulator (the big blue thing next to the solenoids) which in turn boost the flow of nitrous into the motor. If it's not in there the system will still work...because it doesn't have to do with the fuel pressure...but you could possibly run a lean condition...which is obviously dangerous, especially when using the laughing gas. So you might want to double check on that. But beware...two of the biggest speed shops around my area (one of them P.A.W.) couldn't even pull up that part# in their system for that shim...and aparently the guys working at the shops knew nothing about it. Kind of strange, being that the NOS 5115 kit has been around for years. You may have to order it straight from NOS if you don't have one.

Shad-