View Single Post
Old 08-09-2001, 08:59 PM   #4
Lawless
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD:
Actually, my first thought while reading your description was a dirty MAF, but who knows. Are there any codes? Try disconnecting the TPS from the harness and hooking up the leads from a DMM (with a bargraph) across the VREF and TP Sig (grn & orange) wires. Set the DMM at ohms, and watch the bar graph as you turn the throttle. There's a good chance that you will find a flat spot, where the bar momentarily stops progressing, or even back steps. I had that happen with my truck, and when I tested it for a smooth voltage increase, it wasn't as evident as it was testing it for resistance. My bar graph jumped significantly in both directions while I slowly rotated my throttle. I replaced the old TPS (only had 60k on it!), and the problem was solved.

Good luck!

Take care
~Chris
I tested the TPS with a ohmmeter and got a clean sweep, I will borrow a digital multi meter and try it again (as you suggested). I inspected the MAF tonight, it says Pro Flow on it. Is that the same as a Pro M ? Is it any good ? I don't have any electrical cleaner so I will clean it tomorrow......... although the two wires look clean.

Thanks for responding...... Jay
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote