View Single Post
Old 08-13-2001, 07:09 PM   #18
Lawless
Registered Member

Mike, Chris, Andy & others......

I brought the fuel pressure up to 58 psi static with no noticeable improvement. I returned it back to 48 psi.

I connected a vacuum pump to the top port of the HKS Bypass Valve (the one manifold vacuum was connected to, the one HKS told me to connect it to)........ wouldn't hold vacuum (vacuum leak), the valve never moved. I then hooked the pump to the bottom port and at 13 HG the valve began to open. I tried the adjustment bolt and all that did was control the speed of the release (once there was less then 13 HG). All the way out meant the valve closed faster, in slower. Something must be wrong here, sounds like I need new valve. The oulet faced the wrong way anyway and well the missing nipple thing. What should I buy ? It also sounds like I need a power pipe with inlet for the bypass valve. What kind should I buy ?. I'd like to keep the MAP in the fender. Could this have anything to do with my "low speed surge", it does not sound like it would effect the high speed one ? Basically the way it was operating..... the valve was closed all the time and I had a minor vacuum leak.

I'll call JMS and ask them some questions. Does anyone know their number ? Do they have a toll free one ? I need to eat this week........lol

Jay
Lawless is offline   Reply With Quote