MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-03-2003, 08:30 AM   #1
roundeye82
Registered Member

Unhappy Nitrous: wet or dry??

Could somebody tell me the difference between a wet nitrous kit and a dry nitrous kit?? Which one has the best power gains?? Which is safer on the engine?? What is the best on the market??
roundeye82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 01:43 AM   #2
OMAR
Registered Member

Lightbulb I'll try.

A dry kit only introduces nitrous into the intake tract via a nozzle or plate. The extra fuel comes through the injectors by increasing the fuel pressure(extra vacuum on the fuel pressure regulator). A wet kit sends both nitrous and fuel together into the intake tract. Wet kits are often used on cars with returnless fuel systems since that is how dry kits raise the pressure. IMO, dry kits are easier to install since you don't have to tap into a fuel source. And this may cause all sorts of comments but, I think dry kits are safer since there is no chance of fuel puddling in the intake. If you have a street/strip car in the 300hp-400hp range, go with the dry kit. For a pure race car, go wet. I've heard that with a wet system you can reach higher power levels. As to which brand, it's all a matter of preference. I like NOS, 'cuz that's what I got. I haven't heard anything bad about any system on the market, so I think you can't go wrong with any of them.
OMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
91Saleen
Registered Member

I use a wet setup on mine. I've never used a dry setup, so I'm not too knowledgable about em. My motor is pretty close to stock, which is why I chose the wet kit. I bought a Compucar kit cause I got a good deal on it, but I'm probably gonna go with Nitrous Express solenoids with my new motor. I've also had a couple guys buy fuel lines off my parts cars, so be careful.

OMAR, my friend had his GT-40 intake change shape because of a puddling problem I believe. Bad deal, but it was funny seeing a GT-40 with a rounded top and sides.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:52 PM   #4
91GTturbo
Registered Member

I ran a dry shot for two years with no problems, but that was before they started introducing the wet kits that go between the upper and lower intake. If you had or have the chance, take a ride in a carbed car with a wet system and then a dry system on a FI car, the "hit" from the wet system is almost scary compared to the dry "hit". If I were doing it again today, it would most definately be a NOS brand wet kit.

Sorry man, just noticed your driving an 03 GT. I'm honestly not even certain that they offer a wet kit for your car, but I will do some checking.