MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2003, 01:52 AM   #1
GerryGT
Registered Member

Default NOS Dry Kit - Please Help

Hey guys,

I finally bought the nos dry kit for my 2000gt. The only thing is that i had a few questions that i needed answered and the tech guys at nos kind of pushed me off the phone...so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

I sent them this email and they told me to call and i got the same response the second time i called. I don't wanna put this into the car until i fully understand how it works so if anyone could answer these question it would be great.

1. I know that the dry system sprays into "wot" but what does that really mean???

2. When I hit the arming switch I was told that the nitrous flows as soon as i hit the gas?

3. Do i hit the button before i launch or can i hit ity say when i'm in second...does it make a difference?

4. What do you recommend the highest i adjust the shot to with bolt on mod's..i.e. - gears, tb, intake, exhaust, pulleys?

5. Is it legal to have it in the car...i.e. -if i get pulled over can i
really be arrested for having it the car in ny????

Sorry for being long but i wanna know what i am doing.

Thanks,
Gerry
GerryGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
VeNuM
Registered Member

1. wot = Wide Open Throttle
2. Usually you have an arming switch, wot switch, and push button switch, all which must be flipped before the nitrous flows.
3. Never hit it when you're not moving and the rpm's are below 3000. That's asking for trouble.
4. I bet you could probably get by with a 150, but I'd keep it around 100.
5. I've heard it's illegal to have your bottle filled, but I'm not sure about this, I've heard different stories from different people. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, remember to run colder plugs, possibly retard your timing too. I'm not a guru on modular's and nitrous but I know less timing would make your engine more realible. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:36 PM   #3
Simi Stang

Default dry kit

You might want to get a larger fuel pump too. The stock one is fine for a 75 or 100 shot, but anything higher than that and you'll need to be flowing more fuel volume to compinsate for the system boosting your fuel pressure up to almost double what it is stock at idle. Either way it's wise to upgrade your fuel pump when using nitrous. But the Hobbs fuel pressure safety switch included in the dry kit will shut off the flow of nitrous into the motor if your not flowing enough volume and you are not able to maintain the jump in fuel pressure that the nitrous system requires. So it's "almost" fool proof...in a way.

Happy squeezing!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:59 PM   #4
GerryGT
Registered Member

thanks for your help guys...I appreciate it.
GerryGT is offline   Reply With Quote