MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
stirfryingricegt
Registered Member

Default nos-so many choices! suggestions?

Money's not an issue and I want the best and safest NOS system for my Mustang (94 GT). It's running a stroker 347 engine, here are my components:

347c.i.d., JE forged 10:1 flat top pistons
FMS forged H-beam rods
FMS crank
Tweecer ECU
Main girdle
Moroso 7 qt. oil pan
F-303 cam (224°intake/exhaust duration, .512 intake/exhaust lift with 1.6 rockers, .544 w/ 1.7 rockers)

AFR 185cc (2.02/1.6) heads mildly ported & polished
Comp Cams 1.7 stud mounted roller rockers w/ hardened pushrods

Edelbrock Performer RPM intake (lower port matched to heads w/ FelPro 1262 gasket)

BBK 70mm TB
ProM 80mm MAF
FMS 30lb. injectors
Fluidyne 2 core radiator
190lph fuel pump
Smog pump eliminator and underdrive pulleys

FMS aluminum driveshaft
Superior 31 spline axles
Eaton differential
FMS 3.73 gear
T/A rearend girdle
Custom made (Dragin Motorsports) lower control arms w/ poly bushings and adjustable upper control arms (pinion angle is at stock)

subframe connectors (Dragin Motorsports)
Stock T5 rebuilt with the motor
Mac 1 5/8 longtube headers
Dr. Gas. X-pipe
2 chamber Flowmasters w/ dumps
MSD 6AL ignition box and MSD adjustable timing control
Taylor 10.5mm race plug wires

Motor/Trans have about 20k miles on them

I've been considering a ZEX wet (82023- 75hp flow jet +125 hp) or a VENOM (VCN-2000, solenoid and valve +180hp) computer-controlled system, but I noticed that the ZEX only comes with 75hp jets for +125 and I don't know if I can get more out of that system. I KNOW already that it can handle a 150 shot or equivalent because I've run a basic system with that shot before no problem. That sys is gone and I want something better than a basement bargain now.

I'm not trying to sound smart or anything so if I've got something wrong or mistated something feel free to comment a correction.

I'd much rather have a ZEX system just because it's well CHEAPER than the Venom, but if I can't get more power out of the Zex using custom jets then I will pony up for a Venom...

So now my questions, yay! Have any of you guys run a Venom or Zex sys- is it true you can change the shot from 125 equivalent on the Zex to something higher with an aftermarket part? I notice the Venom can put out up to 180 hp in a shot. What are your guy's take on this (what I should run and how much), keeping in mind my engine components? Your suggestions would be of great help in deciding what to go with.
stirfryingricegt is offline   Reply With Quote