MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-21-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
serum114
Registered Member

Default Opinions On Choice Of Nitrous KITS

Hey brand new to the forum and only owned my 03 GT for about two months now. I have already added the usual begginer mods, Mac CAI, T/B spacer and MAC Cat Back exhaust and O/R H Pipe w/ MIL eliminators. Now on to the good stuff, I plan purchasing a WET nitrous kit once tax refund hits the bank. I wanted to gather some opinons from some experienced 4.6 Nitrous users. What kit would you choose from, I have narrowed it down to 3 NX, Zex or the Venom 1000, the Venom sounds extremely easy to use and i think the auto air/fuel control sounds good to. Only planning to run a 100 shot Max and will probably only hit the track 3-4 times this coming season. Sorry about the long post. Your info is appreciated.

COMING SOON
Venom VCN 1000 Nitrous Kit
Motive 3.90 Gears
serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: Opinions On Choice Of Nitrous KITS

FYI, the Venom is a dry kit. But, might be an excellent choice for you. It is the kit I use. If you want wet, go NX.

Kit for kit, you will spend about half as much money on the Venom as you will on the NX as you need a lot more components with a wet kit to make it safe and reliable. The Venom is almost fool proof.

If you plan on larger shots (150 - 200) down the road (assuming internal engine work etc...) the NX is a way better fit.

If you want a safe, reliable 100 shot, the Venom would be my choice.

The juice is addictive....you will use it more than you think.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:49 PM   #3
serum114
Registered Member

Thanks for the advice, I now plan to purchase the Venom VCN 1000. Should purchase it around end of January, will post back some feedback after kit installed and tested.

COMING SOON
Venom VCN 1000 Nitrous Kit
Motive 3.90 Gears
serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Let me know if you have any questions about the install. Good Luck!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

IMO venom kits are junk........I've seen several people blow there stuff up using that stupid controler Venom uses. Nitrous Express all the way!!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote