MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Power Adders (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Powerpipes (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=40697)

exgmguy 12-19-2003 02:48 PM

Powerpipes

Does anyone here have one of these? Either from Dallas Mustang, Morpheus, UPR, Andersons?

If so, what is your combo, and how much of a boost increase did you see? I happen to know I have a UPR pipe sitting under the Christmas tree. :D

420nitro 12-19-2003 04:58 PM

I know of somebody which has twisted wedge heads, gt-40 intake long tubes, etc with an Anderson power pipe and he claims to get 2-3 pounds over the stock set-up. (vortech s-trim)
I never saw it but...but that is what he claims.

mustangman4 12-21-2003 12:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My combo is in my signature. I bought the stage 2 kit from AFM. He told 14lbs of boost all day long. He was right. Its a 2.95 pulley w/power pipe which creates 14lbs. The kit is really nice but what a pain to get lined up. Think of it as putting exhaust on. But in the end I wouldnt use anything else. Hope this helps.

Brad

PWR_RYD93 01-07-2004 03:03 PM

I gained an honest 1.5 - 2 psi when I switched from the crappy Vortech supplied flexible hose to the 4" Anderson power pipe. I saw the increase across the entire 3000 - 6250 rpm range. My setup back then was:

stock '93 short block
Edelbrock 6037 heads
GT-40 intake
70mm TB
Vortech S-trim (stock 3.33" pulley)
Pro-M 77mm
Anderson B-2 cam
1-5/8" shorties
2-1/2" off-road H pipe
2-1/2" Dynomax Super Turbo cat back

I didn't do a "with/without" test after I stepped up the impellar speed (2.95" pulley), but Rick Anderson said the power pipe would be more beneficial the harder I spun the S-trim. BTW- I saw a solid 15 psi at redline with the 2.95" blower/7" crank pulleys and power pipe with the above combo.

I'm still using that same power pipe... I just had to cut, rotate 90 degrees, and weld it to fit with my driver's side mounted Novi 2000 Renegade setup.

jonnyk 01-14-2004 11:33 AM

You could also make your own...just find a local source for 4" tubing with bends and silicone hose with clamps...

drudis 01-16-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mustangman4
My combo is in my signature. I bought the stage 2 kit from AFM. He told 14lbs of boost all day long. He was right. Its a 2.95 pulley w/power pipe which creates 14lbs. The kit is really nice but what a pain to get lined up. Think of it as putting exhaust on. But in the end I wouldnt use anything else. Hope this helps.

Brad

Brad,
Would you have a photo of the install "inside the fender"? Like looking up and into the fender from the passenger wheel well?

I have a powerpipe, but am concerned about the install with the 80mm Lincoln MAF with custom bracket I am using... along with the lowered BIG tires, and possible 1" engine setback...
LOTS of variables to see if I can get the hole in the fender lined up to make this work.

mustangman4 02-02-2004 12:03 PM

No I do not have a pic of the inner fenderwell. Sorry about that. I think the 1 in setback is the only thing that will set you back. But even with my installation everything didnt fit the first time. The tube is long enough to push the filter into the fender bracket on the pass side which has now been removed. So any way you will need some modifacations. Hope this helps.

Brad

sedanman 02-18-2004 06:41 PM

I have the morpehous pipe and it is awsome very nice setup 4". I put it on when I put the blower on though so I have no before or after but with ported trickflows and a stage 1 trickflow heads I saw 15#@6200 with 2.95" and 7" pullies.

So, EXGMguy long time no talk, hows the beast running?