MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Smelling Fuel.....Damn Fuel Regulator (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=1853)

Piston 03-22-2001 03:38 PM

Smelling Fuel.....Damn Fuel Regulator

It seems that ever since I replaced my stock fuel regulator on my 94 gt the fuel just pours from underneath the regulator by the fuel rail. I first replaced it by a bbk unit that was returned thinking it defective. I got an aeromotive replacement this has had the same effect. Although the fuel pressure stays up there there is a small leak right underneath the regulator. Does anyone have any idea what I should try to see if it is a defective regulator or fuel rail? So far I bought replacement rubber gaskets from auto zone. i'm getting fed up with my car leaking fuel. Although I was over joyed hearing the thing start again.

fiveohpatrol 03-22-2001 03:48 PM

probably a stupid question but did you remember to use the new rubber o- ring with the new FPR?

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install

Smokedawg 03-22-2001 06:18 PM

While we are on the subject of fuel regulators..I need to put mine on..Do I have to remove the upper intake to put it on?? Or if i take off my tb can i get to it???

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, 24lb Bosch Injectors, Cobra Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extude Ported and Polished Upper and Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Electric Fan, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, High Tolerant Painted Calipers

withamc 03-23-2001 01:35 AM

I had a leaking BBK unit. Called them up and was told to remove the FPR and tighten the allen screws that hold the two pieces together. That solved the problem, although I just recently replaced it with an Aeromotive FPR. Make sure the FPR mounting surface on the fuel rail is not bent. Put a little light oil on the O-ring before you install it, and make sure that the 3 screws holding the FPR are tightened down, also check to see as you're tightening the unit down that the flat gasket is seating properly.
SMOKEDAWG - My experience has been that I needed to remove the upper and the fuel rail to easily get at the allen screws for the FPR, although the instructions indicate that you don't need to do this.

------------------
86 GT, GT40P heads, Crane 2031, 1.7 RR's, Cobra intake, 65mm TB, 73mm Vortech, 24# injectors, MAC GT40P headers, 2-1/2" BBK H-pipe (w/cats), Flowmasters, 3.55s, Groundpounder subs and lower control arms, 277 RWHP. www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?1537