MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
stangsrule
Registered Member

Question Questions about Alky/Water injection with a positive displacement blower

I have a 92 GT with a Blowzilla and a host of bolt-ons. My question is when spraying with a kit such as the SMC on a positive displacement blower like the KB are the majority of you using alcohol (and if so what type, Isopropyl, Denatured or Methanol) or alky/water mix or straight water? And what is the best way to detrmine the max/best amount of spray?

I am running a #7 "fine" jet in mine right now with 8-10 lbs of boost and it is enough to run on pump gas but the pump speed is about maxed out and it is on the verge of detonating when it is really hot out so I am going to install a larger jet but am not real sure and how to go about getting the MOST out of my spray...

I also have gotten mixed opinions on what to spray. SMC says straight denatured, others have said differant types of alky, water and alky mixes, and some straight water. Also, where is the best place to spray? SMC told me to place it right before the throttle body but others have said they have had good/better luck after the blower. If after the blower where excatly should I place it?

I have been running it for a year like it is and it has been good enough to let me run on straight pump gas which I couldn't do before the spray, but now I am wanting to start turning things up and need to get the most I can out of my "liquid intercooler".

Thanks in advance guys!!!
92GT Lowered with Ebiach's and Koni's, Kenny Brown subframe connectors, lower G-brace and jacking rails. BBK upper and lower control arms, polyurethane bushings all around and Ken Bell blower, ram-air, 80mm mass air, SMC Alky Injection kit, J&S Knock Gaurd, TwEECer RT and a bunch of other stuff!
stangsrule is offline   Reply With Quote