View Single Post
Old 01-03-2002, 07:57 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Hi guys,
I'll give you the info that I know...

On a near stock setup, a dry 100 hp shot is basically "on the fence" of reliability. I usually recommend a 75hp dry shot on near-stock setups.

I have seen guys run fine forever with an occasional 100 hp pill, I've also seen some go lean at the wrong time. Some blow the early stock "plastic" intakes, some have blown the head gasket, and some have done worse....

To be honest, if you're thinking of running any form of forced induction, its best to have a dyno run and have a tuner look at your engine's performance. Whether it runs slightly lean or rich at high or low revs, look at your fuel pressure and compression ratio. Be aware that the 99-00 compression ratio is a little different from the 01-02 4.6s...

From experience, I would feel uncomfortable putting anything larger than a 75 shot on a near stock setup, but there are those that will tell you otherwise.... I would recommend an adjustable setup where you could start with a 75 hp pill and go up when you and the car feels comfortable and ready...

Be sure your car runs well with no glaring engine issues, and get an auto switch that will dump the nitrous at full throttle only until right before redline\tach limiter.
Arm it, mash the pedal, and forget about it...

Other good stuff to have:
remote bottle opener
In-car nitrous pressure guage

If you get an electric bottle warmer, be sure to have an emergency turn off\blow-off valve. I saw a picture on the net of one half of a Honda and garage after a bottle warmer went unchecked...

Be safe and have fun...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote