View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #13
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Well...put in a new Holly 190lph. Had a sweet deal on a 255lph but the guy sold it an hour before I called him back. Anyway, we blew compressed air through the feed fuel line and checked out the lines and everything looks good. I lit a match so that I could see inside the tank (well, ok. not really) and it looked clean. No crap on the bottom or floating anywhere that I could see. Filter is new.

When looking at the pump I pulled out compared to the new one, it just looks old. Kinda like it was on a shelf for a couple of years before I got it. The mechanicals on it are different and the power hook ups are different. The Holly (although both pumps were made by Walbro) just looks more modern. Anyhow, got it in and turned the key a few times. There's a pretty distinct difference in the sound. The new pump is much lower and quiet enough that you have to purposely listen for it. The older pump always sounded like my stock pump that was going out, just much quieter. Pressure built up fine and all looks well.

Just got in from driving back from Amarillo. It's hot today, suppose to get to 100 and the car is running just a tiny tad warm. Anyhow, first stop light...

Isn't the suspense killing you....

All was well. Didn't die on me. Pump still sounds great and holds steady pressure. Drove through town and so far it runs fine.

Maybe I just had a bad pump or it had a filing in it or something. Who knows. Just have to drive it some more and hope that did it. Thanks for all the help. New injectors and adjustable regulator are going in next weekend along with new tires.

Sorry, John. Maybe I won't sell it just yet.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote