View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 07:14 PM   #27
Simi Stang

Default nitrous

Your fuel pressure should be at around 38psi. with the vacuum tube attached the the FPR. With the vac. tube disconnected I believe it's more like 42 or 43psi. So it sounded like yours "was" set correctly before you messed with it. Yes, it's normal for the fuel pressure to drop down a few psi. when you give the motor some throttle. As for setting the adjustable FPR...you have to use both a wrench (or socket) and an allen wrench. The nut locks the allen bolt in place. So you crack the nut loose with a rachet & socket, or wrench...then use an allen wrench to adjust the fuel psi. Then lock it down by tightening the nut, but keep an eye on the guage to make sure the proper setting stays where it should be. It's really pretty easy. But since you messed around with it now, it's probably a good idea that you are using your buddy's fuel pressure guage to properly set it. Did you say that yours is under you car?? If so, that is a strange place to have it. Mine is hooked up to my Schrader valve, like I mentioned before (I think?) with a T connector and the Hobbs switch on the other side of the T.
As far as the solenoids still functioning if they are gunked up...that's a tough call really, because you don't really know how bad they are...if they are even dirty at all. But when mine were jammed up with teflon tape, the system still worked some of the time. But the power seemed to be down and the system didn't work consistently. Good luck Jim. Keep me posted.

Shad-