Thread: A-trim?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
Blk91stang
Registered Member

ok the Sc-trim is not just a quieter version of the a-trim. Its actually a more efficient compressor and will make more power than the A-trim. Its basically a s-trim impeller cut down to produce lower boost. Straight cut gears are used hence its a V-1 not a V-2 so it is plenty loud. Right at idle i can hear it a block and all my friends say it sounds like a jet plane is coming down the street. With the 2.89 pulley it quieted down some at idle. i have had no problems and i made 272.4hp and 314ft lbs of tourqe to the wheels with the stock pulleys, stock mass air meter, stock injectors, with just a gss340 pump for insurance. My tuner also claimed he saw 4lbs of boost at top rpm. the pulley and 73 c&l gave me about 5-6psi (belt slip?) with a 13.1 @ 106 timeslip. Your call!
91 blk/blk Gt, Sc-Trim w/ 2.89" pulley. Full exhaust dumped with flows, hurst comp plus, k/b subs, lowered by eibach, 73 c&l. All stock motor. Tuned by Larocca's Performace 272hp 314ft lb with stock pulleys and maf. 13.1 @ 106
Blk91stang is offline   Reply With Quote