View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
nightmare95stang
a nightmare conversion...

Default Re: powerdyne or paxton...10:1 compression..

In addition to all this, since I have a '90 motor sitting in a '95 body, I have tried to call numerous places regarding which year supercharger kit to get. No supercharger companies or distributors seem to understand that the 87-93 supercharger kit (at least the potential kits I would buy: vortech, paxton) does not physically fit under the hood without some ugly modification and grafting to the mounting bracket. Also, I believe since I have '90 motor mounts, my motor is sitting a little higher than it normally would.

I was talking over with one of them getting a '94-'95 kit, knowing that the supercharger itself would fit under the hood, and all I would need is a discharge tube that vortech makes for the '94-'95 kit (I've seen this in the "Green with Envy" article in the April 2005 5.0 Mustang magazine). I am thinking the only issues with buying the '94-'95 kit would be mounting to the '90 cylinder heads...(??)...

Also, I do not know if the crank/water/steering pulleys will line up with the '94-'95 supercharger pulleys on a '93 motor if I actually get the bracket to bolt up....or if I will need custom bracket spacers, or to shave the bracket...??

If anyone has any knowledge of this being attempted, please let me know because I am at such a loss at this point.
nightmare95stang is offline   Reply With Quote