Thread: I want nitrous!
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2001, 09:26 AM   #7
Mustang92
Drag Racer!

I don't need to call up anyone, they are idoits. I've been working on cars for over 10 years and have been using nitrous in my cars, friends cars, in compitions during that entire time. Of course your car will run quicker with more timing, because you'll be lean. Lean equals more power but it also means it will only take one time for that fuel to puddle up in your intake (and it will) before you lean out enough to put a golf ball sized hole in your piston.

You want to take the word from someone that built a kit in the past two years on a car with a fuel system that nobody has been able to master yet, go for it. NOS has been the leading manufacturer of nitrous kits for years why do you think they do not have a kit available for 99 and newer cars? Because it's not safe to run a wet kit and it takes extra tuning to run a dry kit.

Just curious but do you know anything about nitrous and how it works? Do you know the difference between a wet and dry kit? Have you seen the intake runners on a 99 and newer GT? The 99 and new cars were designed (just like every other fuel injected car) to flow air...not fuel. You put fuel through that intake that has bends and curves it will eventually puddle up. When it does it can ignite and backfire popping your intake right off the car. I've seen it using the same exact kit as your buying.

If there was a safe kit out there I'd be the first person in line to buy it. On my last car I ran a 190 shot on a stock 92 LX for 3 years with no problems. I've had friends running dual stage systems up to 400 HP.

Regardless it's your motor and your money. Have fun and by the way you can pull the motor and transmission together from the top of the engine compartment as one.
Mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote