View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
billki
Registered Member

Default Re: 2005 added power

C&L Performance has a nice cold air kit that ships with predator tuner and program for their installation. I just ordered one from Proficient Performance in Irvine Ca for about 75.00 off list price and will update this when I install it. Anytime you can spend some dyno time with a tuner, you can tweak for maximum and as you add other mods, you can retune at will. More and more sights are making programs for specific mods available so you are always in a safe zone, especially with fuel/air ratio. I have used 87, 89, 91 and 92 octane to date in my 2005 GT with standard tune and it seems that with 91,92 octane there is just a tad more punch, MM/FF magazine says that using premium is worth about 5hp with Ford Knock Sensor. I got max benefit from my 84 SVO dyno time by establishing a baseline before any mods and then doing all the recommended mods I could afford and returning to the dyno for tuning. Mods all made a slight difference in feel, especially water/methanol injection (turbo motor) and upon return to dyno, established a baseline that indicated the mods as installed added 77.2 hp peak. After tuning, total was significant at 152.7 hp by adding back more timing and keeping air/fuel ratio under careful control. I have 127,000 miles on the SVO now, nearly 70,000 miles since mods completed and dynoed and no problems at all. So in short, I recommend dyno time when and where you can afford it. :-)