View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Ken202
Registered Member

Default poor a/c after adding intercooler

Just wondering if anyone experienced poor a/c cooling after adding an intercooler. I recently installed a D-1 Procharger and intercooler on my '98 GT.
Since installing the intercooler the air conditioning doesn't cool unless the car is moving down the road. Previously when sitting at a red light or in slow traffic the a/c air would remain cold, or at least cool. Now it seems like not enough air is being drawn over the condensor's coils and cooling is not good, unless I'm rolling 40+ mph. If I'm in traffic I may as well roll the windows down because the air's not cool whatsoever, almost as though the compressor isn't running or working, but it's a new motorcraft unit and seems to be working fine, when rolling....

The a/c system is in good condition and properly charged. The stock fan motor does kick on, but doesn't seem to pull enough air. Does anyone replace the fan with an aftermarket option? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ken202; 06-24-2009 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: make the question clearer
Ken202 is offline   Reply With Quote