View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 08:34 AM   #8
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by mustardjohn
Ok now Im curious. Have you really blown something up with your turbo?

I have heard that late model GT's get about 190 rwhp stock vs the 3.8 auto at about 110 rwhp. All I want is to get 190-200 rwhp out of the V6. So I was thinking very conservative tune would get me that without destroying the car.

I didn't want the V6 but through family situtation I have it. Dealer says even though it is a 2003 in great shape with all the extras it will still take $9000 and my car to get a '04 GT with same payments. Also looked at older GT's and I would have to drop back to about '00 or '01 with all their miles, etc.and sell my car for top dollar to break even against the turbo kit at about $5000-$5500 which includes the kit, tune, install and duel exhaust.

That is the decison I am trying to make. Plus there is the intangable of having a V6 looking car that runs like a GT.
Yeah, I blew the engine ideling in my garage. I had the FMU on backwards and it hydrolocked the piston from too much fuel.

Personally, I would think you should get a 94-95 cobra and put a turbo on that. There is a guy from turbomustangs.com who has a stock 95 with a PTK 66 and he dynoed 505 to the wheels on pump gas Yeah. Having a turbo V6 that traps 107 is pretty sweet. However, my car trap almost 110 with just bolt ons. I just think you will fell better turboing a V8 over a V6, but hey, its your car.. Why not look into turboing the T-bird? I have never seen a newer turbo T-bird before

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote