View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 03:05 AM   #2
procharge94
Registered Member

Default Re: 95 supercharged 302 heads???

Quite the contrary. The more air flow you provide for that blower, the more power you will see to the wheels. Heads would greatly help, but increasing air flow all the way through the motor would help much more. An intake, heads, and matched cam will really push you through into some very mean performance.

AFR 165's are great for N/A cars, but if you are buying them new, I would shop around for something more 'affordable'. I feel the AFR's are too costly for your current set up. Installing those heads on a completely stock motor is like having the sweet daddy pulsating shower head in your shower, but having incredibly small water lines running to it, if that makes any sense. You have overkill in an area that is just begging for more flow.

I own a SN95 myself, and am currently trying to find a good shop to tune my car in order to slap on my procharger. I opted for GT40P heads with larger valves. I am also running a Tyhpoon intake due to its large runner sizes for the blower, and a Crane 2030 cam. As you can see, not much of my combo is anything extraordinary or incredibly pricey. I matched this combo because it works well together. Of course, I had to upgrade my ignition and fuel delivery to match, but that is to be expected.

What sort of budget do you have to work with? I would be glad to help you run down some parts if finding good deals is an issue.
procharge94 is offline   Reply With Quote