MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-16-2004, 02:30 PM   #21
Simi Stang

Default gears

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
I put this same question in MOD MADNESS:

What gears are recomended for a nitrous equipped car? 3.73 or 4.10's?
3.55s or 3.73s are the best choice for nitrous IMO. I'd go with 3.73 gears. I have them and love the all around performance they've given my car. I know the 4.6 responds well to 4.10 gears...but the 3.55s & 3.73s keep you in the powerband longer to make full useage out of your nitrous system. Even though you should only use the nitrous at 3,000 rpms or higher...on my motor (306), the nitrous seems to make most of it's power in the 3500-5500 rpm. I shift at around 5600 rpms when on the juice...and around 6,000 rpms when running my car just on the motor. So revving the motor up high while on nitrous isn't the smartest thing to do. Like explicitone said, you don't want to hit your rev limiter. As far as the WOT switch goes xxBlakexx...all dry systems come with one. That is how the nitrous is activated. By a micro switch that you install on your throttle body, that is tripped when the throttle is all the way open.

I'm not too familiar with a window switch explicitone...what exactly does that do...and how does it hook up to your nitrous system??
Old 03-16-2004, 04:29 PM   #22
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Folks: i found a neat Venom kit. I want to run a few things past you.

The kit is complete and runs $699 list but sells for about $525. I spoke with a factory rep AND a retailer today. Here is what I was told. Please evaluate these comments if you can and tell me if all of this makes sense. Some aspects of this system seem very unique and interesting.

I have decided to stick with the 3.73's. I love the concept of nitrous. The 3.73 will make the car quicker but should be a real blast with the NO2 yet stay fairly fuel efficient when not spraying.

1 - Kit is complete and setup for the Mustang

2 - Dry system...will inject to my C&L True Flow Pipe.

3 - Comes with multiple nozzles that can be changed

4 - Ties-in to the TPS. Will only spray when the TPS is at WOT. This means when starting from a stop and you open the throttle, you get spray. Then you shift, the system stops spraying, and then you open throttle again. System sprays again. It will spray as long as you are at WOT and it has not hit the timer limit. Make sense? But will also shut down if other conditions exist.

5 - The unit constantly monitors the O2 sensor (as well as other sensors, but this was not clear). Venon claims that the kit is smart enough to know when you are getting too lean and then will shut-off the nitrous.

6 - The Computer with the Venon also interfaces with the Mustang and the fuel injectors to "over ride" the normal signal to the fuel injectors. This signal will allow the injectors to feed more fuel as needed. Like I said, it monitors the o2 signal.

7 - Setup is simple. Perhaps two hours. To be safe, the o2 sensor and the TPS need to be checked with a volt meter to ensure they are getting the proper signal.

8 - I asked them about my Diablo Chip. I was told that using the chip is "no problem" as the Venon computer regulates everything anyway. It appears that it over-rides when needed.

9 - They recommend changing NOTHING. Keeping same plugs etc.. As the system is designed for a stock or near stock application. They claim this to be the smartest and safest NO2 system on the market.

This system seems like a "no-brainer". Please keep an open mind if some of this appears unusual. Please give me some questions that I should be asking.

Thank you VERY much!!!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #23
explicitone
Registered Member

Default Re: gears

Quote:
Originally posted by Simi Stang
3.55s or 3.73s are the best choice for nitrous IMO. I'd go with 3.73 gears. I have them and love the all around performance they've given my car. I know the 4.6 responds well to 4.10 gears...but the 3.55s & 3.73s keep you in the powerband longer to make full useage out of your nitrous system. Even though you should only use the nitrous at 3,000 rpms or higher...on my motor (306), the nitrous seems to make most of it's power in the 3500-5500 rpm. I shift at around 5600 rpms when on the juice...and around 6,000 rpms when running my car just on the motor. So revving the motor up high while on nitrous isn't the smartest thing to do. Like explicitone said, you don't want to hit your rev limiter. As far as the WOT switch goes xxBlakexx...all dry systems come with one. That is how the nitrous is activated. By a micro switch that you install on your throttle body, that is tripped when the throttle is all the way open.

I'm not too familiar with a window switch explicitone...what exactly does that do...and how does it hook up to your nitrous system??
I agree 100% for what you with the gears and nitrous if we were talking about a 5.0 or 96-98 4.6 but on 99+ motored car i still say 3.73-4.10s for are great if you have the abilty to get traction

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
explicitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 11:26 PM   #24
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Who fills the bottles? Cost?

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
Old 03-17-2004, 11:48 PM   #25
explicitone
Registered Member

a lot speed shops fill bottles (just call one in your area)
as for the price it can range I have seen from 3..00 a lb(full bottle 30$ up to 6. a lb at the track so it can range

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________
Old 03-20-2004, 01:00 AM   #26
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Do you know of any laws that prevent carrying or using nitrous while on the street?

My Stang:
Old 03-20-2004, 01:17 AM   #27
explicitone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxBlakexxx
Do you know of any laws that prevent carrying or using nitrous while on the street?
I know most states dont have laws for not carrying it but some have laws in place that the bottle must be turned off and some the nirtous line must be disconected the best thing to do is check your states laws

________

Novi 2000
60' 1.46
1/4 10.67
mph 126.5
_________