MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-28-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default Ati Procharger

I own a D-1 procharger, it has a single belt running the blower and accesories. The system originaly came equiped to use the factory 6 rib pulleys but it wouldn't produce but 4-5 lbs of boost. I called ATI and they sent me a smaller pulley, this still didn't help. I figured out the belt was slipping, so they told me to purchase 8- rib pulleys from mikes mustang. The belt continues to slip with very little change in boost level. The system was sold as a 14# kit .I again called AtI and they told me that was on a compelety stock motor, and my motor flowed too well , and then they tell me they are pushing over 20lbs of boost on renegade race cars. I know my motor isn't stock but its not a RENEGADE RACE MOTOR either. ATI makes nothing but excuses for a system that is handicapped by a single drive belt, they use the same boost and horsepower numbers from their kits that use a seperate belt to run the blower. I was fooled into buying a system that wouldn't work on my application, after they got my money and covinced me I needed a 1000 dollar set of pulleys. I think these big companys should properly advertise their systems seperatly and not just throw them alltogether just because they use the same head unit. ATI doesn't care about us little guys who actually pay for our blowers , as long as the top racers are happy and win races with their race stuff they can keep fooling us into buying their street junk that doesn't work. If anyone has had problems with ATI I would like to hear about them and if you found or have any solutions to my problem. In my opinion ATI PROCHARGER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
DSS306 SHORTBLOCK,STAGE2 VICTOR JR. HEADS,AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,TFS INTAKE,50# INJECTORS,MSD6AL,D-1 PROCHARGER,TKO TRANS.,CENTERFORCE CLUTCH,MAC LONGTUBE HEADERS,FLOWMASTERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE, ALL IN A 1995 GTS
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:19 PM   #2
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Quote:
ATI doesn't care about us little guys who actually pay for our blowers, as long as the top racers are happy and win races with their race stuff
If you only knew how WRONG you were. So ATI is junk because you had one bad experience?? Grow up
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

There is a guy at my track...01 GT...3.73's, cold air induction, and an automatic . He has a Procharger P1-SC running 10# of boost. He ran a 12.81@109 on the factory tires . That's not "junk" to me.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

You unit is obviously defective. I my 2 years on this site, I can’t recall a single bad post about ATI. They aren’t bad blowers, your just have a fucked up unit.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 07:41 PM   #5
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default applications

Stang crazy is talking about a 01 with a P series blower ,and my problem is with a 94-95 D-1, totally different application.Its like comparing eric4nitrous car say too doug mangrum theirs no comparson.
Old 07-28-2002, 10:32 PM   #6
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Both unit's come from the same company. If the D-1 is junk, then why isn't the P-1 junk also?? They are both produced from the same company. May be a different application but it is still relavent... Anyway, I hope you get your problems worked out because that D-1 can make BIG power. Good Luck

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:19 AM   #7
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Re: Ati Procharger

Quote:
Originally posted by jason 95gts
In my opinion ATI PROCHARGER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stang crazy is talking about a 01 with a P series blower ,and my problem is with a 94-95 D-1, totally different application.Its like comparing eric4nitrous car say too doug mangrum theirs no comparson
You said ATI sucked altogether. You did not say JUST YOUR PROCHARGER sucks, you generalized it by saying ATI sucked.

And we're here to tell you that you're wrong. Big deal. You have a defective part that you need to replace or you need to change your application. Take it in stride and do what you need to do.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:11 AM   #8
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Default Re: Ati Procharger

Quote:
ATI doesn't care about us little guys who actually pay for our blowers , as long as the top racers are happy and win races with their race stuff they can keep fooling us into buying their street junk that doesn't work. If anyone has had problems with ATI I would like to hear about them and if you found or have any solutions to my problem. In my opinion ATI PROCHARGER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
Gotta agree with that one. You're not the first person on this board to have a problem with their Procharger, then have a NIGHTMARE of a time trying to get ATI support

Now, I know PLENTY of folks that have no issues with their unit, but from all the horror stories I've heard, sounds like ATI is just another company that reels you in for the sale, and leaves you high and dry when something goes wrong. Sadly, this is typical nowadays. Business is business....get money first, make customer happy later (never?) I wish you luck with your situation, but please don't yell at our members!!

BTW- Try and contact the MW member Skarodom through the boards. He posted several threads here and on other forums about a faulty unit, and getting the whole roundaround.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:41 AM   #9
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default THANKS MUSTANGBELLE306

Most of these guys complaing don't even have a procharger in their list of mods, and their putting me down and telling me I'm wrong. Buy something with your hard earned money say a new head and cam package ,or anything and not have it perform as advertised you would be upset too when other people look down on you and never walked in your shoes. At least I got one positive comment out this whole thing thanks mustangbelle306.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:06 AM   #10
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

You don't have to have experience with something to know if it sucks or not. I've never bought anything from Excessive Motorsports, but yeah, they suck. I've never bought a procharger from ATI either, but yeah, they don't suck. You and a couple members (Skaradom and ????) had problems with yours. Ok, there's 2 or 3 members out of 20,000+.

You think I've never bought something with my hard earned money and had it not perform? Well, there was that $1800 I spent on my Currie rear end that sprung a leak when I filled it with oil for the first time. Did I go off the hook, start yelling at people for no reason, and say that Currie sucks? NO! Does every single one of Currie's rear ends leak? Hell no!

You said don't say **** unless you've walked in a man's shoes. What did you just do then? Don't be a ******* hypocrite man. That pisses me of more than anything else.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:18 AM   #11
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I think maybe he was just pissy about getting the runaround. I know that things break, mistakes are made, etc. To err is human, right?

But...when the manfacturer either doesn't at least TRY to help me, or brushes me off etc, it drives me up the WALL!!! That has happened to me soooo many times, with parts, my PAINTJOB, etc. We're liable to fly off the handle, cuss the company, their owner....his mother ...anything! I think he was just upset that Eric told him to grow up right off the bat...he guy was obviously just venting...
Old 07-29-2002, 10:24 AM   #12
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That's very understandable he was upset and just venting. He either needs to state things differently or be ready to take some flack when he throws out comments like he did.

And yeah, that is BS that ATI is dicking him. It's just unfair to them for him to say the company completely sucks because his ONE PART doesn't work right. Why I'm defending ATI, I don't know.

I wasn't the least bit mad or irritated until his last post. That pissed me off. Did I freak out on him? Nope.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:38 AM   #13
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 6T9PONY
He either needs to state things differently or be ready to take some flack when he throws out comments like he did.

And yeah, that is BS that ATI is dicking him. It's just unfair to them for him to say the company completely sucks because his ONE PART doesn't work right. Why I'm defending ATI, I don't know.

I wasn't the least bit mad or irritated until his last post. That pissed me off. Did I freak out on him? Nope.
Hey, its cool I know you weren't flaming or anything. You were being pretty polite actually I just saw that some people jumped him early in the thread, and I felt bad...I know I get really frustrated when companies that cater to their "fellow hobbyists" screw us sideways.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:45 AM   #14
The Deuce
Registered Member

Default A word from the wise guy.

Jason,

First let me say, I'm a fan of the GTS mustangs. Was keeping an
eye out for one, but got a sweet deal on the '97.

Did you get your blower direct from ATI? If you went through a store or catalouge, start with them. Try and return the unit as defective.

If you went directly through ATI, and don't get satisfaction, request to talk to a supervisor or service manager. Let them know you are upset, and will contact the better buisness bureau in their state. Trust me, buisnesses don't like getting a bad rep from them. Enough and they can lose a retail license.

There is good feedback available around here, even from people who don't have exactly the same setup as you. One of the best people to talk to here, doesn't even have a Mustang. Doesn't mean he doesn't understand them. Personally, if you only want info from people who have what you do, good luck finding a mechanic.

Just sit back, relax and get to know the board. I saw Capri warned you about language, and I'd hate to see you get banned 'cuz this is the place to be. Welcome, and good luck with ATI.

By the way, the 'Performance Industry' board was set up for just this kind of problem. Might be better dropped in there next time, although the response is a little slower.

Rice Haters Club Member #13

Last edited by The Deuce; 07-29-2002 at 12:08 PM..
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 12:20 PM   #15
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default 6T9PONY

This problem has been going on for 4 years , they gave me the run around until my warrenty was up, the unit was last returned about 2 months ago and they wanted to rebuild it.The head unit has less than 500 miles on it , its been nothing but trouble .The tech guys give false info on this paticular set up not on the head unit itself. If they would have been honest up front and told me I needed to ditch accesories or switch to a 86-93 pulley setup that would have been fine, but I was told it would work on my specific application and it doesn't. I don't mind making changes to adapt to make a new product, but this is 4 years of lies and deception. Maybe other 94-95 D-1 owners aren't trying to produce the horsepower that I I'm. My car has the following mods,TRICK FLOW INTAKE,STAGE 2 VICTOR JR. HEADS, DSS 306 PRO SHORTBLOCK,50#INJECTORS,A COMPLETE AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,CAM MOTION CAM, 86-93 COMPUTER CONVERSION HARNESS,MSD6AL, TREMEC TKO TRANSMISSION, LONG TUBE MAC HEADERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE,FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS .This is not a weak *** setup, and the charger isn't holding its own because of belt slippage, it might work on a milder combo, but I told ATI every mod I did and they assured me the system would work. Now they tell me my motor flows too well and they advertise boost numbers on stock motors. I purchased direct from ATI to avoid thi crap and I still got it. If ATI would have been honest from the start I would not have purchased this system, they told me what they had too to make the sale' NOW WHO'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:07 PM   #16
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I'm kind of curious about this comment: 'Its like comparing eric4nitrous car say too doug mangrum theirs no comparson.'
It seems to me that Eric's car has a certified chassis, a motor of the same caliber, and runs numbers that would be competitive in Pro5.0...
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:11 PM   #17
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Just a little FYI. I was talking to a guy at Sacramento Mustang today (they sell and install hi-po Mustang parts) and asked him about install costs for ProChargers because I am interested in one for my '00 GT. He told me he has had a lot of problems with them in the past and recommended Vortech or Powerdyne. I'm just wondering if he said this because they are not an ATI dealer or if they have really encountered quality and customer service issues before???
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 05:12 PM   #18
jason 95gts
Registered Member

It was just a smart *** saying , because he said I was wrong for what I said in my post. Doug mangrum runs a procharger, and he was taking up for a company that he doesn't even run their product. Just catching back.
Old 07-29-2002, 05:19 PM   #19
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Default ATI Quality

I can't say anything about the quality it seems to be pretty good ,it's just my particular year car has limitied room forcing the use of a single belt. In lower horse applications it might work,but in mine it doesn't .My combo should have no problem putting 550-600 horses to the wheels if the blower belt could hagin and not slip.My car made 470 horses at the wheels at 4900 rps and slowly started to fall because of belt slippage, this test was performed on CHRIS JOHNSONS DYNO in MOBILE ALA.
Old 07-30-2002, 12:55 AM   #20
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Default Re: 6T9PONY

Quote:
This problem has been going on for 4 years , they gave me the run around until my warrenty was up, the unit was last returned about 2 months ago and they wanted to rebuild it.The head unit has less than 500 miles on it , its been nothing but trouble .The tech guys give false info on this paticular set up not on the head unit itself. If they would have been honest up front and told me I needed to ditch accesories or switch to a 86-93 pulley setup that would have been fine, but I was told it would work on my specific application and it doesn't. I don't mind making changes to adapt to make a new product, but this is 4 years of lies and deception. Maybe other 94-95 D-1 owners aren't trying to produce the horsepower that I I'm. My car has the following mods,TRICK FLOW INTAKE,STAGE 2 VICTOR JR. HEADS, DSS 306 PRO SHORTBLOCK,50#INJECTORS,A COMPLETE AEROMOTIVE FUEL SYSTEM,CAM MOTION CAM, 86-93 COMPUTER CONVERSION HARNESS,MSD6AL, TREMEC TKO TRANSMISSION, LONG TUBE MAC HEADERS,OFF-ROAD H-PIPE,3.73 GEARS, 6 POINT ROLL CAGE,FLOWMASTER MUFFLERS .This is not a weak *** setup, and the charger isn't holding its own because of belt slippage, it might work on a milder combo, but I told ATI every mod I did and they assured me the system would work. Now they tell me my motor flows too well and they advertise boost numbers on stock motors. I purchased direct from ATI to avoid thi crap and I still got it. If ATI would have been honest from the start I would not have purchased this system, they told me what they had too to make the sale' NOW WHO'S WRONG!!!!!!!!!!
WTF is this "Who's wrong?" bull ****? You titled that post to me and what the hell kind of a point are you trying to make? I said yes, it is crap that ATI is dicking you around like they are. That does suck. But ATI does not suck all around. You finally got that through your head when you said the quality seems to be pretty good. The ATI product is fine. It's just a problem because you can't get the belt to stop slipping. It is their fault because they didn't tell you that you'd have this problem, but their part is perfectly ******* fine.

So, what am I wrong about again?