MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #1
dewdare
Registered Member

Default 95 stang

Hey all! I have a 95 gt all stock.I also have a typhoon intake and vortec s-trim charger,70mm tb 36lb injctors and 73 mm C&L mass air meter,gt-40 aluminium heads that have been ported,gold crane rocker arms,some long tube headers.I was wondering if anyone would no how my car would run if I just replace the intake and put the supercharger on it?I really didnt want to mess with the heads becouse that would lead to replaceing the cam also.If i did replace the cam does anyone have any experience with the e303 or the steeda 19 cam for the 95 stangs?I can decide which to go with.Like I said I really dont want to put the heads and cam in it if Im only going to gain a little on the time chart.After I get the motor work done I was going to have a 373 rearend put in!This car will be mostly on the street.Any input would be greatly Apprecated.
dewdare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #2
buddha
Registered Member

Default Re: 95 stang

You wouldn't have to replace the cam, just because you swapped heads out. If your going to replace the heads, you may as well do a cam too.....your already most of the way there anyway.

If you just did the intake with blower, it would of course wake the car up significantly. But again, if you have thestock intake off, you may as well do the heads too, especially considering you seem to have all the parts in hand.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #3
dewdare
Registered Member

Hey, I fanilly got around to working on my car again I was going to put a e303 cam in but I am having trouble getting the bolt in the middle of the crank pulley loose.(Is that called the vibration dampner)?Do you no if you turn it to the passanger side or driver side?Can you suggest how to get it off ?Anyway I do have the gt-40 heads on the car! Do you think I would be ok with the stock cam with the after market heads,intake and super charger?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:02 PM   #4
buddha
Registered Member

Lefty loosey, righty tighty......just like most bolts. An impact will take it off quick, but if you don't have access to one, you'll probably need a breaker bar and more importantly something to stop the engine from rotating if it's on there pretty tight.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
dewdare
Registered Member

Thx I was able to get the bolt loose,but still haveing troule with the harmonic balancer.I did have a puller and put it on there and busted a couple of threads off out of the holes! Also the hole shaft that the balancer is on started to move.Is that my crank and is it supplost to move?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #6
buddha
Registered Member

If you mean it began to spin, then yes. That's the crank snout that the balancer hangs on. A puller will take it off, but make sure it's dead on straight. It can't pull one way too much over the other.....it must pull it exactly straight off or it will bind up and not budge.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 PM   #7
dewdare
Registered Member

Hey again I was able to get the vibration dampner off and the e303 cam in! I also torqued the heads down.I was wondering if I need new pushrods or if I could use the same ones?I didn't no if the cam and heads would effect the pushrod length?I have 1.6 pedelstal rockers!
Old 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM   #8
buddha
Registered Member

The cam makes no difference, and so long as the heads or block haven't been milled down, you should be OK. Just double check when you install them.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
dewdare
Registered Member

I dont think the heads have been milled.How would I check or measure the length of my pushrods?