MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Mach1Marauder
Registered Member

Default Ford Racing 2.3 Whipple with new STEEDA 10 rib pully system

While at the track teaching a lady BULLITT owner how to drag race, I met another BULLITT owner with a Whipple and discussed his problems he was having. He had some traction problems and was eating belts on a regular basis.
He came into the shop the next week and we went over his options and I threw his car on the dyno to check his tune for him.

We chose to limit his first rounds of mods to a Two-Step for more consistent launches and lower control arms with relocation brackets and an adjustable third link to set the
pinion angle properly.

I helped him a bit at the Ford VS GM shootout we held at Speed WOrld, I had my hands full with the twin turbo 05 also. His first launch of the day was sweet as hell and almost pulled the wheels off the ground with a 1.61 60ft on M/T Drs. He had fun, but was just shy of getting his 11.xx that he wanted. He just needed a bit more seat time.

Well last week he got his 11, sorry I don't remember exactly what it was, but his times steadily went up the whole day. WHen he looked under the hood, he could see another belt going by the wayside.

He called me and bit the BULLITT:wink: and had me order the Steeda 10 rib belt kit. It's not cheap at all, but sure as hell solves the problem with belts!.......AND it looks TOTALLY *****IN!!!!
Some info from Steeda and then I'll post some installed pics.

Quote:
Tired of belts slipping, breaking or simply being thrown off your Whipple supercharged Mustang when pushing it to the limit? Those days are now over! Steeda’s Belt Drive System for Whipple Supercharger was designed to prevent any such belt problems that are all too common during competition or just hardcore use of your Mustang.

Steeda designed this belt drive package to relocate the supercharger drive off the factory 6-rib system, making it a dedicated 10-rib belt system, which drives the supercharger and nothing else. Removing the supercharger drive from the primary accessory drive serves to eliminate any and all slippage problems that can occur, including both on the initial tip in and under full load. The standard accessories are driven by a Steeda underdrive pulley for even more power and reduced accessory load.

Our 10-rib system is available in boost levels of approximately 11psi to 17psi on a Gen 1 Whipple system and approximately 13 to 19psi on a Gen 2 Whipple system with no slippage under any conditions, and no throwing or breakage of the supercharger belt.

The package includes a new supercharger snout, billet pulleys, billet mounting plates, 2 new belts, and a heavy-duty belt tensioner. Although we recommend a Steeda hood, it only takes a minor modification to fit the system under your stock hood. Full installation instructions, including to the procedure for measuring stock hood clearance, are included.
Pics!

CLOSE UP OF THE PIGGYBACK PULLY AND NEW SFI DEGREED DAMPER

VIEW FROM ABOVE OF THE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY BELTS

FINISHED INSTALL! I THINK IT LOOKS KILLER!!!!!!!

The retune is tomorrow!

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 5spd IUP
Bone Stock!
(If the Chevy guys can do it.....so can I)
Mach1Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: