MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-2003, 09:49 PM   #1
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Angry Ignition box install SN95

I just bought the crane cames fireball hi 6 ignintion box and i cant find a good place to put it. I dont have the battery relocated yet nor do i want to at this time. Any one with a SN95 5.0 install a box? Im in need of a good idea. Thanks
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
USMC302
Registered Member

Short story:

We bought the 95 with a MSD boost retard already installed, they mounted it right behind the front bumper in front of the radiator. Needless to say, it got wet in the rain and shorted out after a while. I assume they never planned on the car seeing rain.

I will be relocating it on the pasenger side hump on the floor, kind of under the dash, and next to the console. I was worried about the heat with it being righ on the carpet but have seen this before on more than one occasion, I am still gonna call MSD to be sure it's safe there though.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:13 PM   #3
Lethal5Oh
Registered Member

Yeah, i was thinking of putting it on the front bumper too, never figured the water would be a problem. I ended up doing some major modification to the stock air box and put it under there on the frame next to the fender. It was allot of work but well worth it. I also thought of putting it were you suggested but i didnt want to cut the wires do to warranty.
'95 GT convert. K&N, C&L mass air meter, Performance distributors sreamin demon coil, dyna mod, live wires, king cobra clutch, flowmaster american thunder exhaust, UPR billet adjustable shift handle, Crane Cams Fireball HI-6 box,underdrive pullies, 255lph fuel pump, UPr short throw shifter, caster camber plates, 03 cobra lower A arms, bullit suspension, cobra front brakes
Lethal5Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
gxr_1000
Registered Member

I put mine in the passenger side floorboard, up and on the left under the dash. When someone rides with me I just tell them not to kick it. But its pretty much out of the way. I put the boost retard switch in my ash tray. Its a MSD 6ABTM. I havnt had any problems with it overheating or anything. But I carry a fire extinguisher in my car at all times any way, you can never be too cautious. But if the heater core ever goes the ignition will probably get wet.

Oh and another thought, I saw a picture where someone did this one time. They installed it on top of the windshield washer fluid resovior in the fender well. That would probably work too.
gxr_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote