MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-02-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
GodStang
College Stanger

Angry Autozone, Steeda smarter than Ford

Not too long ago I got a remanufactored Rack and Pinion for my 1994 mustang from autozone because mine was leaking so bad. Well it stopped the leaking and I was happy. Well I went and got a set of Ford racing Cobra R's 17x9. Well I put them on and a day later my wheel weights on the inside where knocked off. So I took them back to get new weights put on and the inside edge of the rim was shaved off all the way around. I rim was hitting hard on the A-frame and the front swaybar. So I put THICK spacers. Still the same thing. I went to three ford dealers. All told me I was crazy. Never heard of it. Did not bother to help. Went over a month having this problem finally called steeda and they told me to go to Ford and give them a part number. I did and 4 days later my part came in. They had no idea what it was at ford and they made it. I called steeda back they told us where it went. They said there is one there and just add another to the one there to make your wheels not turn as much. When we got under there the was not one there. So we put the new part where the old ones should be and now my rims rub no more.
I am writing this to tell you to check your parts from autozome and other places like that. My front two rims are now messed up because of their forgetting to give me all the parts. And Ford once again was no help. I would like to say thanks to Steeda for being smarter and friendlier than Ford.
I am done venting now thank you all.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:10 PM   #2
jruppert
Registered Member

Were you intoxicated at all while typing your message? I have a '94 GT and installed 17x9 Cobra R rims. I had no trouble. Although I am still running original rack & pinion. Sounds to me like you were dealing with a Ford dealership that is not Blue Oval certified. I have one of those in my town and believe me, I know how it can be frustrating. Look on Ebay, they have some good deals on 17x9 Cobra rims.
jruppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 10:34 PM   #3
GodStang
College Stanger

Ok I reread it and it makes no sense. I need to sleep. All three are both SVT and blue oval.
Old 09-02-2002, 10:45 PM   #4
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Boy do i ever know that feeling Godstang !! lol
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote