MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #1
mustang_ky
Registered Member

Question Suggestions on NOS wet Kit for 01' GT

I've got a 01' GT with a K&N coldair, UDP, Rousch xpipe, Flowmaster mufflers, shortshifer, 3.73 gears, diablo programmer, and a NOS universal 75-125 V8 wet kit. I plan on doing the 100 shot. The manual that comes with the kit says you can run the kit on a stock set up...But i'm really concerned about not getting enough fuel and how to shoot the NOS somewhat safely (Full-throttle or button)? I need some suggestions please, on any aspect of my set-up and especially the NOS, whether I should run bigger fuel pump, injectors, sparkplug upgrade, or whatever?
mustang_ky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:00 PM   #2
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Default Re: Suggestions on NOS wet Kit for 01' GT

Here is a thread that I wrote at another site that should help you out a bit. The comments are meant as a guide and not intended to be law:

http://www.mustangtuningforums.com/s...hlight=nitrous

Also, this info below might help too:

Use this scale below for help. I am assuming bottle pressure is at 950 1000 psi for the examples below:

50 shot: Stock timing is fine and stock plugs are ok too

75 shot: May want to retard timing one degree using a chip or tuner. One step colder plugs are a good idea too especially in the summer.

100 shot: Timing should be retarded one degree and definately use one step colder plugs gapped at 0.35. Stock fuel system is fine still at this point

125 shot: Max safe point for stock fuel system. Definately one step colder plugs and timing retarded one degree. May even have to retard timing two degrees at this point (based on detonation).

150 shot: Requires upgraded fuel system (pump or pump and injectors). Might get away with stock fuel pump and pressure regulator. Two degree of timing should be backed out and two step colder plugs are probably needed. Not considered safe by some to the bottom end of motor.

175 shot: Start to think about upgrading the bottom end of the motor. Two to three degrees of timing should be backed out and two step or even three step colder plugs needed. Definate fuel system upgrades. Not considered safe by most to the bottom end of motor.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote