MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-18-2003, 09:12 AM   #1
SleeperGT
Registered Member

Default Throttlebody and Intake Plenum Upgrade Question

I'm looking for input on doing 75 mm throttle body and C & L Intake Plenum upgrade, car is currently Vortech supercharged. My main question is do I run the chance of causing detonation by doing these upgrades? The car has been dyno tuned and is running great right now. After this upgrade is it worth while or a requirement to have it dyno tuned again? I'm not sure how the engine management system works but if I would be feeding more air to the motor with these upgrade, will the MAS pick this fact up and in turn feed more fuel to the motor, or am I reading too much intelligence into how the computer works? Also, any comments about if these upgrades are worth while are appreciated

Thanks!
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's
Steeda Lower Control Arms
358 rwhp (Mustang Dyno)

New Track Times Coming Soon
SleeperGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:53 PM   #2
302man
Registered Member

I don't think you will make any more boost with a bigger intake. If anything, it should go down. There will be more area to fill before boost is made. The bigger TB will help some. I didn't notice much of a differance when I went from a 65mm tb to a 75mm tb. I think you should be fine with the current setup. If you want to play it safe, add a few lbs of fuel pressure to your car and that should cover you.

New YS combo = 680RWHP (no times)
302man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 09:02 AM   #3
ArtMan
Registered Member

Thumbs up more air flow

These upgrades are meant to flow more air, so you should check that the additional flow, if any, is matched with a cpable fuel system. Since you have stock heads, you will probably not see a significant increase. What boost level are you running at now?

Are you running an FMU? If you do end up with some detonation then you know its obviously time for a new tune. Are you running a chip now?
ArtMan is offline   Reply With Quote