MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-28-2004, 05:22 PM   #1
blown5.5
Registered Member

Default Water Injection

While the normal method of cooling your compressed charge is with an intercooler I was aghast at the price and really didn't want to deal with all the hardware taking up room (really tight already). Instead I went with water injection. Now that it's cold and I have time to finish the installation, I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with this solution, and if so what their opinion was...
92LX - D.S.S. 331 Stroker – T/F Heads Stage I porting - 75mm MAF & TB – AFM Power Pipe - AFM Programmable Management System - Vortech S-Trim, 10 Rib Belt - Holley 50# Injectors - Vortech Maxflow Fuel System - MSD Billet Distributor & 6A Ignition Module - Meziere Electric Water Pump - Black Magic 15in Fan - Evans Propylene Glycol Coolant - Tremec TKO - Centerforce Clutch & Pressure Plate - Lakewood Scatter Shield - FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft - Eibach Drag Launch Coil Spring Set – Battle boxes - Strange axles & C-clip eliminators - Powertrax Locker, 3.73 Gears
blown5.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
84gt347
Registered Member

Default Re: Water Injection

Quote:
Originally Posted by blown5.5
While the normal method of cooling your compressed charge is with an intercooler I was aghast at the price and really didn't want to deal with all the hardware taking up room (really tight already). Instead I went with water injection. Now that it's cold and I have time to finish the installation, I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with this solution, and if so what their opinion was...
i use 50/50 water meth and i LIKE IT. It's not woth a damn if you dont tune for it. Initially it cost me 40 hp then after the tune, i ended up with an add 70 hp. I'm trying to work up the courage to try it on a blown carbed application.

Blue pistons rule
All Forced ( one way or another)
84gt347 is offline   Reply With Quote