MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Power Adders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
hunterrose12
Registered Member

Default Where to start... -the beggining

Alright here's the scoop... I bought a 2001 GT and want to make it a beast. Right now it's pretty much stock, except for the K&N cold air intake.

Where should I start??? I want a new exhaust, headers, underpully and some other stuff but what is really going to give it the power I want, without supercharging or giving it turbo or a blower. My hood has a scoop so I was going to use it for ram-air?

I was looking at the various "Shaker" systems but they seem pretty costly ($600+) and is having Ram-air going to yeild the HP that I want?

Any responses apprieciated.
hunterrose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Default Re: Where to start... -the beggining

You make your first post in the power adder section and say this...
Quote:
Originally posted by hunterrose12
give it the power I want, without supercharging or giving it turbo or a blower.
I am

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 11:48 PM   #3
SleeperGT
Registered Member

I too wanted a beast (which is a very relative term on this web site, especially in this specific forum), and as far as I'm concerned the only way to create one is straight with a supercharger or turbo. That's what I did, the first first mod on my car was a Vortech SQ (with all the bits and pieces it comes with). That's because I wanted a real big freaking power increase. And man do you get it. Everything else is just a waist of time if you want to feel a real difference. Exhaust or pulleys or a throttle body, or shaker hood (spare me please, if you are really looking for a beast, not a posure), or chip, without a turbo or SC, really make very little difference. All those things WITH a Turbo or SC help, but heck you add all those little things up and you can buy a new Vortech Kit. If you are unwilling to go the forced induction route, go with a set of gears (4.10's) and mufflers. Next to a SC or turbo, gears in my opinion are the only really big time noticable performanc upgrade you will get. I mean you will drive the car and be like, WOW, now that was a great upgrade! The mufflers will give you the sound missing from the gear upgrade. I just added a 90 mm MAS, 42 pound injectors, C&L Intake Plenum, 70 mm TB, Cobra Fuel Pump, and a custom tune by one of the best, and after all that freaking money (about $1500, I could have had my intercooler for that money, man does that hurt!), my car ran consistently slower at the track (on a much cooler drier day then previous runs). So if you are serious about getting a Beast right now, go get a SC and don't waste you time on the other stuff. If money is an issue, get the gears and start saving!

Good luck and someone kick this post out here and into the Modular forum!
3.1" Pulley
Paxton Air-to-Air Aftercooler
90 mm MAS
42 lb injectors
Cobra Fuel Pump
70 mm AccuFab Throttlebody
C & L Intake Plenum
2 1/2" X-pipes
Anderson PowerPipe
MagnaFlow Mufflers
Diablo Custom Chip
3.73's