MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-30-2001, 03:02 PM   #1
joey50gt
Registered Member

Unhappy can not make up my mind need your help

Ok guy's i need your help i have $571 in my room right now but i cant make up my mind if i should keep saving for the cobra intake & gt40p heads package at central coast mustang for $999 or should i spend the $571 on suspension parts.
my car has an aod it has 4.10's, under drive pully's,and upper control arms.
Oh and **** master mufflers
joey50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 03:12 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

My opinion would be save another 400 and get the intake and heads. But hey, its your money. Good Luck

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2001, 11:28 PM   #3
BowTie Eater 5 Liter
Registered Member

Location: Maple Ridge B.C. Canada, The Best Place In The World
I would get 50/50s, 70/30s & eibach drag launch springs, caus whats the good of all the power in the world if all you do is spin?
just my $.02

------------------
1988 Mustang GT, T-5
3.08's, No Smog Pump (Shorty Belt), Dumps At The End Of Stock H-Pipe, K&N Air Filter (Stock Air Box), Removed air silendcerMy Stang
My Site (Not Done Yet)
BowTie Eater 5 Liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 12:42 AM   #4
84stangLX

I believe it'd be in your best interest to get at least subframe connectors and possibly more bracing before adding any more power. I'm assuming your car is a hatchback because 5.0 and GT are in your name, and the hatch's especially need bracing because they flex like crazy. What do you want to use your car for? spirited handling, drag racing? After bracing i'd recommend getting the suspension you want, like Bowtie eater mentioned. You shoud be able to get springs and subframe connectors for under $571 dollars. If you decided to get the GT40p heads/cobra intake, you would also need to get new headers because of the GT40p's relocated spark plugs. That intake/head combo should give you loads of torque and great horsepower. Since the car is apart when replacing heads, you should also get a cam...which of course is more $$$. That's why i'm recommending before spending money on power, you should get chassis bracing and suspension which would more fit your budget and would mean your car can stick to the road better when you later get the power you want. Have fun and good luck...enjoy the money while it's still there