MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-26-2004, 05:24 PM   #1
Dean Malaxos
Registered Member

Default How to remove door molding?

I just got a 92' 2.3L Turbo LX a few weeks ago. I really love the car but have some small cosmetic problems to fix. The big one is a dent in the driver's side door. It was a little bigger than a basketball, but with the use of Dent King, I was ablt to remove most of it. It is now about the size of a grapefruit. It was deep before as well, for this I removed the door panell and used a 2x4 and a hammer to bang out some of the depth. Now the center of the dent is behind the molding. I think if the molding was removed I would be able to pull the rest of it out. How do I get the molding off without breaking it? Also after I get it off, what do I dod to get it back on? I also think that if I have to drill it to pull it, I would like to pull it from underneith where the molding is to hide the hole. Please help. One last question, where can I find paint to finish some of the small areas where the paint came off in the dent? I have the Calipso Green color Mustantg. Thanks...Dean
Dean Malaxos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:49 PM   #2
mustardjohn
Registered Member

Not sure about door molding but you can remove the pony emblem with a hair drier. It is put on with hot melt glue. Might try heating it up a bit with a hair drier and see if you can pull it off.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:05 PM   #3
FordFastGirl5.0
Registered Member

Default my opinion

I had to take my molding off when I painted my car, and we just used something to pry underneath it like a putty knife and there is two sided tape holding it on. It comes off in in a strip but the only thing is when putting them back on (with two sided tape) make sure to get it tight and as straight as possible. If not they tend to look wavey along the door, because of being stretched when pulled off. Your best bet really would be to buy new ones, they cost about $125 each. There will be left over junk stuck on the door too, that can be taken down with a d/a or a buffer.
holly upper/lower intake, timing chains, F303 cam, 24lb fuel injectors, 75mm mass air meter, underdrive pulleys, 3:73 gears, BBK C.A.I., BBK long tube headers, Off road H-pipe, 17" cobra R's, 2800 stall yet to come.......
FordFastGirl5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote