MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2004, 12:27 PM   #1
Dean Malaxos
Registered Member

Default Removing door molding

I just got a 92' 2.3L Turbo LX a few weeks ago. I really love the car but have some small cosmetic problems to fix. The big one is a dent in the driver's side door. It was a little bigger than a basketball, but with the use of Dent King, I was ablt to remove most of it. It is now about the size of a grapefruit. It was deep before as well, for this I removed the door panell and used a 2x4 and a hammer to bang out some of the depth. Now the center of the dent is behind the molding. I think if the molding was removed I would be able to pull the rest of it out. How do I get the molding off without breaking it? Also after I get it off, what do I dod to get it back on? I also think that if I have to drill it to pull it, I would like to pull it from underneith where the molding is to hide the hole. Please help. One last question, where can I find paint to finish some of the small areas where the paint came off in the dent? I have the Calipso Green color Mustantg. Thanks...Dean
Dean Malaxos is offline   Reply With Quote