View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 04:26 PM   #7
91GTturbo
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonics2042
450 HP? I am cool with that . Just need to run enough boost to make sure the BOV is loud .

What do you think I would be at with my current mods + the TT setup?

Any other kits I should consider?

Thanks,
DoranW

In your sig, it says thinking about aftermarket heads, so I'm assuming your still running stock heads. If so and with the proper fuel system and a good dyno tune you should be able to run about 8 lbs on pump gas. With race gas, you'll be looking at about 12 lbs. 8 lbs should put you slightly over the 400 rwhp mark and I going to guess 470ish torque.

As far as the $2800 for their kit, right now it's the best deal out there unless you pick up a used kit from another manufacturer. Turbo Technology and Cartech (now under new and seems to be better owners) both make great kits. Anything you get from them is going to be about $4000 minimum.

Twins are nice although they do take up alot of room under the hood. A good single kit will make enough hp to split the factory block in two anyway. A friend made 494 rwhp and 536 ft/lbs or torque on 9 lbs of boost on a stock bottom end with a single. It's his every day driver. Idles like stock and almost sounds it too, until he gets int he boost anyway. There are some guys making in the 500 rwhp range on a stock bottom end. I personally wouldn't do it, but some get away with it.