MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-01-2002, 01:37 PM   #1
Modmadness01
Registered Member

Question Transgo shift kits 98 mustang gt

Ok!!! A few weeks ago I posted a topic on my install of the transgo shift kit and my blinking O/D light problem after the install...Well after everything electrical replaced and having the tranny re-built the stupid light is still blinking ... I just got back from the shop and they hooked up a snap on scanner to it and soon as it went to pull the code the light stopped blinking so i said ok I'm gonna drive the car around for awhile and i did and maybe 5 miles down the raod it started to blink again and i brought it back blinking and he hooked it back up and poof it was gone.....everything has been replaced including the valve body and doesnt even have the kit in it .....the processor and the O/D button is the only thing left...whats wrong.....its the 4r70w tranny!!!!

Any help would be appreciated
Modmadness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:21 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

I would think it would be something with the computer itself....
If its going out just because a code scanner is being hooked up... Do you have an aftermarket chip?

I'd say that's the next stage of troubleshooting...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:24 PM   #3
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Being a computer tech, that sounds like something electrical in the Computer loop. If it instantly goes out when the Scan Tool is plugged in, it should be something in the computer. When the scanner goes to interface with the on-board computer it's probably sending it some type of coding that turns off the signal to that light, or makes the computer go into a diagnostic mode for a little while. Too bad you can't interface a TCP/IP packet sniffer and analyze the data being TX/RX on the wire in raw format..... Then you would know exaclty what's going on... Prob has something to do with Ford using Motorola CPU's instead of AMD... maybe you should load Linux into the computer, it might work better

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
Too bad you can't interface a TCP/IP packet sniffer and analyze the data being TX/RX on the wire in raw format..... Then you would know exaclty what's going on... Prob has something to do with Ford using Motorola CPU's instead of AMD... maybe you should load Linux into the computer, it might work better
98, You've scored MAJOR geek points....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:39 PM   #5
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

....that's Mr. Geek.... thank you.... I would hope so, you wouldn't believe the people I have to listen to on a daily basis here.... You think you get some annoying bothersome posts on this board.... You should here some of the questions people ask me, and they're serious too..!!!!!!

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:32 PM   #6
Modmadness01
Registered Member

Well so.. I thought it may be the computer. Anyway if anyone out there wants to give me a price for the valve body and shift kit ..I'm taking offers ...Put it this way its never been used
I bought the kit from Summit and it still has the vidieo and directions and all the pieces are there and installed properly into it. Make me an offer!!!

Thanks for the help
Old 08-01-2002, 03:38 PM   #7
Modmadness01
Registered Member

Oh!! hammer to anwser your question NO i do not have an aftermarket kit ...This really bothers me because i Talked with Glen at transgo for about 1 hour long distance and we went through everything and to find out I did not thing wrong on the install.... what do you think...Thanks
Old 08-02-2002, 06:55 AM   #8
surfbeast
Registered Member

MOD,

What did you pay for the kit and what will it do for the tranny? If it sounds good I'll make you an offer. PM me or just repy here.

Thanks,
Old 08-02-2002, 12:16 PM   #9
Modmadness01
Registered Member

Talking

Its brand new I installed it last month and the tranny shop took it out right after I put it cause they know mothing about transgo shift kits....I have the old valve body out of my car and its sitting on my dresser with the shift kit already installed springs etc... I know a valve body runs in the neighborhood of $200 and the Transgo shift kit was purchased from Summit for $99.99...so I'm guessing around $150.00 for everything including the vidieo.... which is really dumb concidering that the directions are differant , but it will give you an idea of what your about to install....I can send pics of everything if your interested.....

www.txchange.com
www.txchange.com

Let me know
Old 08-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #10
surfbeast
Registered Member

Whats the valve body? is it needed for the kit? or is it just an extra part. I read about the transgo kit and it sounded like it was all you needed. Is there extras you need when installing the kit?
Old 08-02-2002, 02:02 PM   #11
Modmadness01
Registered Member

No... The valvebody is what directs fluid and shifts the gears on the tranny...I have the kit and I have an extra valvebody that has already been drilled to spec.. normally you would use the valvebody that is on your car now the recommend you to take it off the bottom of the tranny and modify the one thats there....hope this helps if not find an transgo install on the web search for transgo 4r70w installation You might be able to understand it from there.. however you do not need the extra valvebody but I would get it anyway since all you need to do is drop the other one and put this one in..saves alot of time...Let me know