MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2002, 09:06 PM   #11
StreetPony
Registered Member

Default Re: Tolerance

Originally posted by Mr 5 0
That's the homosexuals idea of tolerance

your example of "tolerance" is not even similar to what i expressed. dont attempt to use the mantra of the gay extremists with what i meant when i used tolerance. every group has extremists. there are feminist extremists, civil rights extremists, abortion/anti-abortion extremists.....etc. you cannot judge an entire group of _any_ people by the extremists who share the same cause.
i realize its easy to quote the extremists views and statements in an attempt to add credibility to your own argument but i am calling shenanigans in this instance because the extremist view of "tolerance" has absolutely nothing to do with mine.

as opposed to the hetros idea of simply live and let live which is what is generally represented on this board

you appear to be a bit confused here. i am the one saying live and let live, you are saying its ok to get your jollies at the expense of others, and youre attempting to justify it using the "boys will be boys" type explanation.

You regurgitate the homo's propaganda very well. They would probably not call you a bigot. How nice.

and you regurgitate the religous bible belt propaganda quite well. i seriously doubt you have _any_ experience with homosexuals. i seriously doubt you have _any_ gay friends (or that you know are gay anyway). i seriously doubt you know anything about homosexuals other than what theyve told you to think and believe in church.......yet you preach about it as if you know it.

I have studied this subject

do tell me the courseware that you studied. id like to read this same material that has pitifully misinformed you. its not about a "gay gene". some people are more feminine than others, and some more masculine. some go to the extreme in the opposite direction....it happens. homosexuality is as old as mankind and is well documented all throughout the bible you obviously read.

i on the other hand have studied this subject in a university sponsored study. no moralistic preconceptions, just pure unadulterated data by which to compare all the variables in homosexuals and heterosexuals alike.

it is a choice one makes based on a variety of reasons which are too complex to get into on a Mustang messageboard.

please dont cop out on my like that. dont make a statement and then refuse to back it up by claiming its too complex. this is obviously the forum discussing off topic material, so id like to see your explanation. do tell me what you know that i dont know having grown up with a homosexual brother.

remember that your idea of maturity - accepting anything and everything as O.K - is very easy to do.

if youre going to make things up as you go along there is little point in continuing farther. i have never suggested in any way that accepting anything and everything is ok.

You're for everything and against nothing, except what? Poverty. racism and war?

there you go again. <sigh>. i have never said that im for everything. i have never said that i am against nothing.

Not liking or instantly approving of their behavior is not quite the same thing, is it?

<sigh>...there you go yet again. i never said anybody had to "like" it. i never said that anyone had to "approve" of anything. you do however, have to tolerate it. that is the beauty of this country in which we live. you dont have to like your neighbor, but you must tolerate him.

please stick with what ive said and stop trying to make up my statements as you go along.

Ridicule of a perversion that repels most men is natural

i agree.....but do you walk around in public ridiculing homosexuals? i highly doubt you do. if vin diesel were indeed a homosexual and you met him on the street, would you do your natural ridicule of him? of course not.
when i joined this board i dont recall ever reading that this board limits its membership to heterosexuals only. id bet anything that at least 10% of the members of this board are homosexual with another 15% or so having tendencies. no, they wont speak up against ignorance because they know how outnumbered they are. no, they wont speak up against ignorance because they dont want to be treated any differently than they are now. but it doesnt change a thing.

inserting sexual organs where they were never meant to be is unnatural

<shudder>.....as much as that image disgusts me, for the homosexuals themselves it is a natural act!

and we still have a right to opinions in this country. That includes you.

agreed. but trying to pass of your religious right wing beliefs as scientific fact is irresponsible at best.

for your state - or mine, Connecticut.

yup..... BIBLE BELT! :-)

We have a bunch of them related to homosexuals. You hit me, it's simple assault, maybe six months in jail. You hit a homo, it's a 'Hate Crime' and the penalty is much harsher...for the same crime, just because the person hit practices sodomy (is homosexual).

your statement was that homosexuals are protected more than the rest of us and here is why your example does not prove your statement. you as a white heterosexual male (i assume) are also protected by those same hate crime laws! if somebody hits you, that is assault. if they hit you because you are white, it is also a hate crime!

Don't flatter yourself so much. The members of Mustang Works are easily as 'decent' as you

cut the crap already. i havent placed myself above anyone.

purport to be but if you can't find humor - or irony - in the possibility of a macho actor being a homo, then we can't help you.

stay on topic here. finding humor in the whole thing is one thing. objecting to the insensitivity of referencing him as a "fag" on a public forum open to one an all is an entirely different matter.

O.K. I'll take you at your word but this is a site that celebrates Mustangs and is comprised mostly of young adult males who find homosexuality a subject of ridicule. That is their right.

theres youre "boys will be boys" argument again. im not trying to change anyone, im not trying to force anything on anybody. again, i was simply surprised by potentially offensive material on a public, moderated forum.

You made a spirited desfense of homosexuals but you also make the common error of equating disapproval, even ridicule of homosexual acts, as bigotry and insensitivity.

the reference of "fag" is the only thing i have called into question. ridicule at the expense of others is indeed insensitivity at best.

Having some guy in a dress and make-up with a sign saying 'We're Queer and We're Here' while screaming 'homophobe' at anyone who even dares to wince at his outrageous behavior offends me.

as it would me.....but you simply cannot hold all homosexuals in the same light as the extremists.

The homosexual 'community' have a very well-polished public image which you obviously have totally bought into.

dont hand me that crap. i formed my opinions about my brother being born gay long before there even was a homosexual community agenda.

It isn't the passive acceptance you offer but a total legal and social acceptance that trancends your casual tolerance.

wrong! all i have asked for is tolerance. period. how can i ask anyone to accept something that i dont even accept? i havent. youre putting that into my argument to add credibility to yours but it just is not accurate with anything i have said.

Unfortunatly, homosexuals seem to want to bring their sexual lives onto the public stage in many cases so any claims to privacy are rather hollow.

i agree....but again.....you simply cannot hold all homosexuals accountable for the acts of the extremists.

Ever heard of NAMBLA? The North American Man-Boy Love Association. Pedophiles united as a group that are trying to lower the age of consent to 12 in many states, including Massachusetts.

i find it appauling that you would attempt to associate nambla with typical homosexuals. it is all too typical of the southern bible belt propoganda machine.

Your easy acceptance of others is touching but please don't attempt to equate race issues with sexual issues.

they are indeed the same! you cannot help your sexual orientation anymore than you can help the race you were born into. oppression is oppression and i am quite the expert on oppressions of all forms. as a former member of the 7th special forces group i spent a total of many years of my life in honduras, nicaraqua, even equador and many other places where i spent every day trying to squash oppression with my own two hands whenever possible.

ironically, while there were other factors involved, i got out of the military when bill clinton opened it up to homosexuals. i did not wish to be placed in a position of serving in combat with someone that might find me sexually appealing. i didnt gripe about it or ridicule anyone.....i got out and i moved on.

I 'accept' homosexuals as well as other races and cultures but that doesn't mean that I can't make a joke about them or dislike some aspect of their 'culture'.

thats fine and well but when you use labels that hurt others, youre no longer a friendly public forum.

then you really need to get out more in the real world

lol.....you couldnt possibly appreciate the irony of that statement. it is because of the time i spent in the "real world", all over the "real world", that i learned tolerance for others who were different from me.

where hetrosexual men who love women still have a hard time understanding other men that are attracted to some hairy guys butt.

i have a hard time trying to understand how men could be attracted to one another......but i dont ridicule them because im not afraid of them anymore.
Message Board