MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2001, 02:49 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Question 13.999999???

I'm looking at what I might be able to afford this year for my car. I would like to put on some MAC pullies, FMS 3.73's, and either a Pro-5.0 or Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (Not sure which is a better shifter). With all these and my current set up (2.5" off road H-pipe, 2.5" Dynomax Cat back, no air silencer,14 degree timing and K&N filter) could I hit below 14.0?

I don't need to be solidly in the 13's, but even just 13.99 would be good enough. Is it possible in my car?

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 03:56 PM   #2
Tom351
Registered Member

I think you can get 13's with those mods and good traction. As long as you are racing at a reasonable alttitude.

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W ,Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Edelbrock TorkerII, Comp. Cam, Performance Automatic C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

My 351W Fastback

Tom351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 04:55 PM   #3
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

i love MAC so this might sound biased so here ya go..get a full MAC exhuast (long tubes, off road h-pipe, catback)..i love my pro-5oh shifter but i heard nothing but top notch things bout the new MAC shifter...also get some 4.10s(belive me thier not that bad..i use them everyday)..with that and some pullies you should be 13's no prob..o yea dont forget about traction..grab some MAC upper and lower control arms while ur at it..the reason why i say MAC, MAC, MAC is becuz thats all i use and it is made top notch and the stuff is inexpensive..

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 05:49 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

The track is around 1500 feet, and the temperature should be around 60 degrees. I have Yokohama A520's 245/45/ZR17's. I've heard from some other guys that they bite really well, but I'll have to see. They do give excellent traction on the street with my current set up.

I don't have the money to change my exhaust set up, so I'll leave it alone. I'm also worried that if I put headers on I'll lose power with no back pressure.

I didn't see a MAC shifter in my price lists. There is a guy in town that sells all kinds of MAC parts at awesome prices (for Canada anyway).

Will upper and lower control arm make that much difference?

I don't want to go stepper than 3.73's because I do a fair bit of freeway driving and my wife nags about the gas I use already .

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 08:17 PM   #5
fastang
Registered Member

Dont waste your money on the shifter yet. It will give you more consistant shifts and it feels cool but it wont realy help your e.t. I would save the 200 bucks and get a set of drag radials. The pulleys are cheap and worth the money, I used march and havent had any problems at all. A full exhaust will hurt your et, I wouldnt be suprised if what you have now without the cats already did. Definitely get the 373's, I just bought a set of 355's and upr+lower cont arms, I hope to install them this weekend and I will let you know how they work. With 373's, pulleys, Drag Radials, and your exhaust work, you should be able to slide by. Just get some practice lauching with them.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, K&N, off road pipes, ADS chip, pulleys, msd coil,9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote