MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-09-2002, 09:38 AM   #1
scale
Registered Member

Default exaust question, MAC X-PIPE

I recieved my new MAC X-pipe last night and was putting it in along with some new o2 sensors and after getting it in i noticed there is no way that the Emissions pipe fits onto the fitting for the Emissions. I have tried everything and every combination to get it to go on there. I am thinking of cutting it and re routing it so that it lines up. Anyone have any suggestions on this? IF i cut it, i will have to get another piece of replacement pipe. Anyone know what size that sucker is? THis sucks since i am suppose to have my car in a show tomorrow but i cant get it there due to this damn emissions pipe.
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
TwiLighTBluEGT
Registered Member

Are you talking about the air pump? Because if you are, I just installed an off-road H-pipe on my car yesterday and I had the same problem. So what I did was I went to the parts store and picked up a high-temp hose to connect the air pump to the h-pipe.
TwiLighTBluEGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
RPM427
Registered Member

If you guys have offroad h-pipes, there is no reason to have your air pumps hooked up. Once you remove the cats, it is not going to do anything anyways.

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 05:37 PM   #4
scale
Registered Member

what size hoze did you use? Is it rubber or metal hose? If i dont connect it up it will have to block it off on the h-pipe and it seems easier to just hook the damn thing up than to block off the h-pipe
1991 LX coupe,AOD, red, 80k, K&N, MAC cat back, MAC off-road X, Autometer Gauges, BBK Ceramic unequals, fully polished upper intake, fuel rails, and egr, working on installing.....MM full length subs, H&R sport springs, MM Lower control arms, MM caster camber plates, bilstein shocks, struts.
scale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 06:58 PM   #5
grant66
Registered Member

Default I did that work too.

I went to car quest auto parts store and the had the high tempature ruber hose with all the hose clamps prepackaged. Very expensive. The problem is that package had to many extra hoses. The ideal thing to do is buy a high temperature hose that is 12 to 14 inches long by an 1 inche to an 1 1/4. The high temperature hose that I use is very thick. You need a long hose because the pick up for the smog pump on a mac Off road X pipe is not in the same location as the factory H pipe. I found it best to double the hose clamps on the X-pipe. My hose was not long enough. Late!
Old 08-10-2002, 01:07 PM   #6
RPM427
Registered Member

Why do you want to hook up the hose? It will do nothing and will not improve emmisions. The only reason the airpump exists is to heat up the catolitic converters after you start your car. Just plug the tube.

-1994 Ranger w/ 427cid windsor (daily beater)
check it out!
RPM427 is offline   Reply With Quote