MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Thumbs down Horsepower TV's response to my e-mail

Here is my e-mail, I decided to kind of let them have it, because in my opinion a stereo install and a wing addition have absolutely nothing to do with Horsepower

"Since you don't have a feedback email address listed, I am using this forum instead. How in the hell does installing a stereo in a crappy honda civic have anything to do with Horsepower? You should call yourself, "RicerTv". Get back to working on real cars with big blocks, small blocks, or even sixes. This 4 cylinder crap is ridiculous. This is one viewer who is not watching if this is the type of material you are going to show. Gaining 4 hp on a caback install on a honda IS NOT exciting television."

And here is their response:

"Jeff-95% of our season content is devoted to Ford, Chevy, or MOPAR. Why we even built up an AMC motor this year! Working on a Honda may not be your idea of performance but we did want to give younger viewers on a limited budget an opportunity to see what $6,500 can purchase in upgrades.

We're American iron guys through and through but performance is a big tent.

Thanks for taking the time to write us-we appreciate your comments. Richard"

Maybe some younger viewers are into real performance. At 22, I'm hardly an old timer. I should have included my age to show them that some of us younger guys liked the content their shows use to present.

The "$6,500 in upgrades" bothered me too. They might as well call it upgrade tv then. Again, how does a stereo and wing install on a Honda have anything to do with horsepower? You can do a lot with $6500 worth of mods on say...........um............I don't know..............maybe.......a 5.0L Mustang! Don't want to use a domestic, find a DSM and put money into that. It would be more exciting than a civic stereo install.

I got it, they can call it Modification TV.

I know I am making a big deal out of one topic on their show, but it is a disturbing trend of catering to this ricer/import/slow market. I mean, if you want to upgrade an import, can't you find an old DSM or something so you can at least get some decent performance numbers? If these TV shows and magazines continue this junk, it is just going to further the problem and popularity of this annoying trend.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!

Last edited by MTU 50; 10-24-2002 at 01:11 PM..
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote