MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-07-2001, 08:39 PM   #1
jz_mustang50
Registered Member

Post 1991 Back Seat Bracket???

My car as a mysterious past... OK... I think it was seized by the cops before the last guy sold it to me and searched and alot of stuff broken up!!! It's a 1991 Mustang GT Hatchback, and the bottom cushion in the back seat doesn't fit right and never has since i got it. I basically flops around. I've rigged it by putting a hose clamp on each side clamping the tube-type-bracket to the frame of the seat to just hold it in place. The seat seams to go into place but doesn't go down far enough. THere must be a 3 inch gap from the front of the seat to the carpet. The rear seat backs fold forward and are supposed to fold flat but are several inches from folding flat down, and even sitting on them won't get them to fold flat! There isn't any brackets on the bottom of the seat cushion, only the metal frame that makes it up. The brackets that are held down where the seat belts are bolted to seem to be correct. What am I missing? the seats don't lock down at all and nothing seems to be bent. Is there a missing backet floating around a police station or something? PLEASE HELP

------------------
Joe Zemaitis, Grand Rapids Michigan

1991 Mustang GT. Mods to date: 4.10 rear end, new POSI, aluminum driveshaft, AOD w/ shift kit, 2 1/2 off road h-pipe, 2 1/2 flowmasters and 2 1/2 tail pipes. Electric fan, Removed air pump and egr tube. Hotchkins upper and lower control arms. New energy suspension rear busings. Hoosier Quick Time Pro 27x10.5x15 and bolt on subframes soon to be welded. Everything else is STOCK. Totally stock ENGINE. 14.29@96 with 130k miles.
jz_mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote