MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2001, 07:19 PM   #1
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Post Good times and the bad times. (little long)

I posted a while back about me rolling my '69 Stang. Well, last week we found out that the insurance company isn't totalling my car!!! They figured the car was worth $30,000 and damages were $8,000. I was going so slow when it happened that it didn't get a lot of the damage it normally would in a rollover. But it proves to me now that you should wear your seatbelt all the time, in town or not. I was doing about 25-30 when it happened, in the middle of town. That wasn't cool.

I got an '86 Nissan pickup to drive while the Stang is being worked on. Z24 engine, 5-spd, 4WD, dark blue, with a topper. Pretty ugly but it will work just fine.

Some bad news though, off that subject. I have really been looking forward to football starting. The first game of my junior season, last Friday night, it was about the middle of the second quarter and I was playing defense. Well, I broke my leg about 6 inches above my ankle. It is my fibula though (non weight-bearing bone), so no cast, just a walking boot, and no crutches. So I started varsity as a sophomore and junior on both sides of the ball, before getting hurt at the end of the 5th game last season, and the middle of the 1st game this season. And I'm out for 6-8 weeks. That blows.

Just venting and sharing my problems, sorry guys (and girls).

Oh yeah, last season I broke my fibula too. On the other leg, on my ankle. Sweet bones. I drink a lot of milk too. My body sucks.

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads

[This message has been edited by 6T9PONY (edited 09-06-2001).]
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:04 AM   #2
Power
Registered Member

Hey brutha, hate to rain on your parade anymore then it already has, but if you broke the same bone twice doing the same thing its a signal to try a new hobby.

I could catch a lot of flames for this, but I'm not a big fan of football. I have several reasons, but the main one is that all my cousins who are my age all have back and knee problems from playing Football.

Just my opinion of course...sorry to hear about your leg but glad to hear about your car.
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 06:43 AM   #3
96GTfanatic
Registered Member

how did you flip your car doing 25?
also, its "only" a broken bone, it will heal stronger, dont worry about quitting until you start having concussions or tear ligaments (like me) good luck with your car
96GTfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 02:53 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Well, if I wasn't really into football, there is no question I would quit right now. But I love it. So quitting is not an option.

I know, I never thought it would be at all possible to roll a car at that speed. Never even crossed my mind. I was coming down a hill from a friends house, heading to the gym to play basketball, I went around a left hand curve, just idling my way down the hill, I accelerated a little bit, nothing drastic or anything, but the road was just "armor-chipped" (the city crews lay down tar and then put these small rocks on it, to protect the road for the winter or some bs like that. I hated it before, I hate it worse now.) When they did it they layed way too much rock onto it so it was very loose still and built up in the curve. Well, with the shift kit installed 3 days before, it kicked down into 2nd, and put enough shock on the tires that they started slipping, and the posi rear end installed 4 days before just let the back end go around. Slid sideways and hit the curb with the right front, plus there was a incline about a foot higher because the dirt sloped up off the curb, then the back end hit and it went up on 2 wheels, then just gently layed over on its top. Freaky as hell. Can't imagine what it would be like to roll going 60 mph or higher. Scary crap.

------------------
Previously "BennyBoy"
'69 Coupe with 351W-I rolled it 8/8
Edelbrock RPM intake, Edelbrock RPM cam, Edelbrock 750 cfm carb, Hedman headers, 2 1/2" pipe, glasspacks, C4: shift kit, 9" Currie: Trac-Lok 3.70s, 290hp-stock heads

[This message has been edited by 6T9PONY (edited 09-08-2001).]
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote