View Single Post
Old 12-05-2001, 05:12 AM   #8
robertwigton
Registered Member

Exclamation I wouldn't hold my breath on that!

I don't think that the brass @ Ford really care.I mean look what they gave us to replace the 5.0 with!I think we as a group need to stop beating around the bush,and just say it! The mod motor is
a boat anchor!(Random House;Anchor1.Heavy device for keeping boats inplace2.A gasoline powered engine product of The Ford Motor Company)The bore spacing,right out of the box,doesn't
allow for any bore size larger then that of a Briggs,The stroke
is (compared to bore size)like a diesel peice of equipment.
The think(4V)is wider then a 460!I mean what were they thinking?(or what kind of $#@! drugs were they doing?)I'm very disapointed. I can't under stand why they never used the 351 as
an option?(and I don't mean one off cars that reg. guys will not be able to get)They let the Mustang slide off as GM was coming on strong with the LT1,and then,oh ya,The LS1!What was there answer,Well here you go!281 cubes of "small bore,Diesel stroke
wonder"I know that they came back in 99',but really,just how much can we expect from 281?And I don't think we should spend
24,000-30,000 and the have to buy a blower to keep up with brand Xs stock ride!The reason that the "After Market "hasn't made any parts for the mod motor is there is no potential!
They come from the factory "super tuned"there is no more power to be had in N/A form.I look at a blower/turbo as the last resort
on any thing,it almost like cheating!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote