View Single Post
Old 12-27-2001, 02:07 PM   #7
whiterod
Registered Member

it is true that the stock heads are the biggest cork on the 302, but there can be alot improved on just the intake. before i had my gt-40x's i ran a cobra intake awhile with stock heads. the difference was about 3 tenths in the quarter and almost 2 mph in the quarter. if you look at some of the figures on the cobra you will notice that not only does it outflow the stock intake but has a higher velocity which doesn't kill torque. the reason i did mine at a different time is because i didn't have all the money at the time to do the heads, but it really isn't that big of a deal. if you like to work on cars and love the hobby then you will not mind to take the extra hour or two to take the intake off. the way i look at it is if you know you will be satisfied with the cobra and it meets your long term goals then go ahead and get it. if you are always worried with what you are going to put on in the future then you will never get to modify it now. the list will get longer and longer of things you need to do before modifying it, because we all know that there is always something you are missing. well good luck
GT-40X(58cc)heads, cobra upper&lower, FMS 65mm TB, 75mm Bullet, 24# injectors, 190 lph fuel pump, moroso cold air intake, BBK 1 5/8 equal length headers, flowmaster cat back, 1.7 cobra rockers, crane 2031, T5Z gear box, centerforce dual friction, mcleod bullet proof bellhousing, 3.55 gears, hurst billet shifter with over 193,000 miles. thanks to all who contributed
whiterod is offline   Reply With Quote