View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 12:50 AM   #3
MEDIK418
Registered Member

Hey, I know this one. I have an 82 GT with a 351-C four barrel/C-6 auto. I love it. THe cleveland is a small block and will use the same mounts as a 5.0. THe transmission mount had to be midified a little due to the C-6 we used but if you're using a t-5 it should bolt up like it was born there. You will have to get another steering shaft as the Cleveland is a bit wide and no way is it going to fit in there with the stock rubber CV joint. Canton, Moroso and a couple of others maks oil pans for this swap. You can get headers from Hedman for the swap but they're about $430.00.
There is a swap kit available but it's rediculously expensive and it's more for racing that street applications.
As for power. . .I'm only guesing but mine puts out somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 and it's not very highly modified. Depending on the year, ita stock one puts out between 250 and 330 horses but you're talking big block torque numbers. FYI, I'm using the stock exhaust manifolds and they do fit. It's tight on the driver's side but not much more than the 5.0. These things are torque monsters and a lot of fun. Especially when some poor fool in a Camaro or T'A tries to look down the end of his nose at you n a roll-on from about 40.
Soon, I'm going to start over with it and this time it will be roller cammed and a manual transmission (not sure which one yet) I'm shooting for 450 horses with it and that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

FYI. . .it is about 100 pounds heavier than a 302.
1986 four-eyed LX coupe, 358 Cleveland, Tremec TKO600/centerforce clutch, dish cut Probe forged pistons, comp cams hyd.roller cam, .579/.588@224/230, Edel.performer, 670 holley street avenger, CPR custom built long tubes, ported and polished 4bbl heads, manley valves, beehive springs, MSD peo-billet dist/MSD6AL, fluidamper, 5 lug conv. with 17x8 bullits there's more but it's still not finished yet.
Oh, and the oldest boy is turning his 89 GT into a FFR cobra this next summer.
MEDIK418 is offline   Reply With Quote