MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-18-2001, 02:46 AM   #1
90LXhatchback
Registered Member

Question 306???

I was thinking of putting a 306 in my car and was wondering how much it will cost to do. i wanna try to use the block i have, i wanna have a 12 sec motor with no power adders is this possible. thanxs

------------------
3:55,2 chamber flows, cobra clutch, pro chamber, k&n filter,Tri Ax shifter, 75mm mass air, Holley FPR,Mac pulleys
90LXhatchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 06:14 PM   #2
quick89gt
Registered Member

Yes, it is possible to have a 12 second car with a naturally aspirate 306. I built my 302 into a 306 using my stock block, but if I had to do it over again, I would have just ordered a short block from DSS and then put my heads and intake of choice on it. It works about to be about the same price as it would cost for you to have your block refinished, rods redone, new pistons, piston pins, etc, etc, etc.

P.S. DSS has ads in Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford Magazine

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Vortech S-Trim, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Screamin' Deamon Coil, 255lph Fuel Pump, T-Rex, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote